Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
drove my gtr last years in the snow with A/s dunlops and it wasnt a pleasant experience, arrived safe but will not attempt secong time.
just bought new mini cooper S countryman all4 ,with great winter tires for DD in winter. will use the winter time to work on the gtr installing sway bars, trans cooler,and maybe more

Attachments

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Man I miss back home !! I wanted to bring myGTR to Montreal one day :)

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Great pic but unfortunately you just lost thousands on resale.....you can never say it hasn't seen snow
.....I drive mine in the snow as well.....frist year with the all season so it should be good....

·
R32 Member
200 Posts
drove my gtr last years in the snow with A/s dunlops and it wasnt a pleasant experience, arrived safe but will not attempt secong time.
just bought new mini cooper S countryman all4 ,with great winter tires for DD in winter. will use the winter time to work on the gtr installing sway bars, trans cooler,and maybe more
That countryman should be a blast in the snow with a good set of tires.

We haven't had snow just yet in Chicago but its right around the corner.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I DD my 2012 (11k miles) already, in New York. I didn't fancy winter driving on the dunlop A/S so I now have the Blizzaks on for the winter.
How bad were the dunlops in mild snow (say, 3-6 ") ?
FYI the Blizzaks are subject to the same scary aquaplaning above 45 mph just as much as the Dunlop A/S. (Any one else here drive the Saw Mill River parkway?)

·
Registered
45 Posts
And off topic - took the GTR to Montreal for a 2 day break in July. I love that city - with some of the best food I've ever had!

·
Registered
914 Posts
I drove mine with Dunlop A/S all last winter and it was a hairy winter on long island.I would not drive the car with more than an inch or two of snow on the road and that would only happen if i got stuck with a surprise snow and i was driving home from work after going to work in the morning with no snow on the ground. I keep the car off the road not because it doesnt handle well but the other A Holes on the road scare the sh*t out of me that they will slide into me with their uninsured pieces of crap

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Not much different in Ottawa this AM, good thing I slapped the Blizzaks on last night when I got home from work (I'm sure the neighbours really appreciated the compressor and impact wrech at 12:30 in the morning :)).

Life is good with the Blizzaks on, certainly wouldn't want to try it with the all seasons. If you get tired of the Mini, get some real snows and fire up tht GT-R for a whole different kind of fun...

·
Registered
809 Posts
AWD SUVs with an eight inch ground clearance in this weather are fantastic. My only fear that now remains is sheet ice

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Snow here too, but my GT-R is nice and warm in the garage. C350 4-Matic on Michelin X-Ice 2's for me this winter. Just sold my WRX wagon which was a great car to throw around in the snow on a set of Blizzaks.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Just saying hi from sunny Cabo San Lucas

1 - 14 of 14 Posts