Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize there are a lot of threads out there on this matter, but I can't seem to find it. Any suggestions on the correct cold tire pressure for factory Dunlop's for the track ('15 PE)? I am looking for the best tire pressure for safety and less tire wear, rather than speed, on this first time out. Also, does tracking it automatically void your warranty? Thanks!

·
Founder/Admin
26,442 Posts
for the factory tire starting at anywhere between 29-31 cold if fine but the main key is to keep adjusting them so they dont get over say 37PSI during your day. 34PSI is what you will see most of the day once they get heated up

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey MC, I notice my tires are 32-34 in the morning when I leave the house, In the afternoon when I'm coming home, they are at 43-45. And that's just cruising at 55-65mph in a straight line. This is probably why my off the line traction stinks. Tires are like balloons

·
Founder/Admin
26,442 Posts
Hey MC, I notice my tires are 32-34 in the morning when I leave the house, In the afternoon when I'm coming home, they are at 43-45. And that's just cruising at 55-65mph in a straight line. This is probably why my off the line traction stinks. Tires are like balloons
hmm thats a little odd. mine are about 29 and back road driving and even traffic they get maybe 33psi and thats with air, i took the nitrogen out long ago since I make so many adjustments anyway

we had a track day at VIR in 100 degree heat and I saw about 37 running 9/10ths on track so mid 40's seems like the reading might be off to rise 10 PSI in a day

·
Registered
256 Posts
The reading is through the car's TPMS sensors. when you hit INFO.

The only other thing I can think of is if the car is out of alignment, its creating more heat?

I'll drop them to 29PSI and see how much it fluctuates.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you are going to trackit you will e looking for performance. That being said you will get NO tire life. Depending on how hard you trac and how many laps you can burn off a set of tires in a day. Did this on my RS6 at VIR.
/KAI SWOWBSA IB TIYE Xnvwe awrrubf, Even without tracking and using the track camber you will be lucky to get 9K. With city driving and careful attention you might get 12.

You can increase tire life but will lose some performance if you install adjustable camber arms. They will work great but will cut back a bit on performance. All 4 installed about 4k but if set up correctly will double tire life.

So it all comes down as to where you want to spend your money

If you want to experience a track day, go rent one in Atlanta or Houston 400 wel spent and no wear
on your car.

I bought a 13 B/E and enjoy it, but it is my fun driver and as I am 72 I don't have to prove anything. Have had lots of performance care aand spent lots of money but don't need to do that any more. Have only had 2 meaningful challengers since I bought it and the only word to use was "dusted" All the little weenie cars I just ignore If nothing else a 60 ft pull and they are looking so sheepish.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.