Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2013 blue gtr with all bolt ons flex fuel all the goodies . i have dunlop all seasons as my car came with the cold package which means all seasons instead of summer. i have 15 mm spacers up front 30 in the back need the right setup on the stock rims I'm thinking of going with the r888 as i only drive my car on nice days in spring ,fall,summer this car has never been in raIN nor will it ever see rain PLEASE HELP sizes and some performance tire options other than the r888 thanks

· Registered
2,604 Posts
285 f 315 r Toyo 888's

A lot of people complain about the noise due to the aggressive tread pattern.

Other sticky choice would be the NT 01 in same size.

Michelin PSS is a better all around tire 285 f 295 r if you want something quieter.

Note all these tires are non run flat

· Registered
365 Posts
You have 30mm rear spacers? Most people run 20's out back. My car runs 15mm front and 20mm rear spacers.

My stock rims I have 285/35/20 tires on all 4 wheels. I would have done the 285 front and 315 rear if the tires were available to me at the time though, can't go wrong either way, but like he said R888's are loud as shit.

· Registered
6,769 Posts
i have a 2013 blue gtr with all bolt ons flex fuel all the goodies . i have dunlop all seasons as my car came with the cold package which means all seasons instead of summer. i have 15 mm spacers up front 30 in the back need the right setup on the stock rims I'm thinking of going with the r888 as i only drive my car on nice days in spring ,fall,summer this car has never been in raIN nor will it ever see rain PLEASE HELP sizes and some performance tire options other than the r888 thanks
If you only want options for summer tires then-

285/35-20 on front and rear OEM wheels, you can try your spacers or without spacers in front and use the 15mm spacers for the rears just for the clearance on the wider than OEM front tire size.
Otherwise 15 to 20mm front spacer and 20mm rear spacer is what many owners use with OEM wheels.

Extreme Summer tire (non runflat)- wears faster than Max Summer tire but gives good dry grip, treadwear 200. May be a little louder and firm riding than Michelin Pilot Super Sport.
see
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=EP&sortValue=0&filter=y&width=285%2F&ratio=35&diameter=20&rearWidth=255%2F&rearRatio=40&rearDiameter=17
Hankook Ventus R-S3 version 2 $329 each, tirerack can be special ordered, currently on back order
BFG Rival $284 each closeout at tirerack (see [email protected]) $70 master card offer on set of 4 tires purchased until 11/29/15

Max Summer tires
see
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=MP&sortValue=0&filter=y&width=285%2F&ratio=35&diameter=20&rearWidth=255%2F&rearRatio=40&rearDiameter=17
Michelin Pilot Super Sport $359.36 in stock at tirerack.com, 300 treadwear. Good choice for street tire used for daily driving but still very good dry and good wet handling with comfort. Comes in OEM sizes and can fit wider than OEM rear tire on OEM rear wheel like 295/35-20 but costs more $408 each (K1 Ferrari spec tire).

No non runflat All season tires recommended. No Ultra High Performance Summer tires recommended.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.