Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Founder/Admin
26,252 Posts
never saw this exact type of wear from my 09

this is the passenger side tire of my 2012 with only 2300 miles on it..... this includes over 20 autoX runs i did last night

thread is still ok except for the one side of the that slanted part were its now even with the wear bars...

tire pressure was about 32psi and camber is about -1.7

comments?

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
I have seen this before. Not from street use, likely front tires only from autocrossing at speed in corners. More likely from hard braking on corner entry.
At this rate you will need new front tires by 5000-6000 miles or sooner. What are your toe settings in front, some toe out?

For treadwear patterns-
http://www.procarcare.com/includes/content/resourcecenter/encyclopedia/ch25/25readtirewear.html

The other thing to consider is-
I feel that GTR alignment is easily knocked out of specs.

It might make some sense to redo alignment every six months. Street use on rough roads doesn't help.

·
Founder/Admin
26,252 Posts
yeah i might have over done it a little... its only on the passenger side... driver is worn but doesnt have that weird slant on the one piece of tread

i looked at my alignment sheet from last month and it says toe is 0.04

if you look at my back in black thread on the main page you can see some of my runs to get and idea of where i was braking... then repeat that about 20 some runs in a night

i only have 2 more autoXs this year and i dont drive it daily much...so if i can get to around dec/jan i will replace the fronts

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
yeah i might have over done it a little... its only on the passenger side... driver is worn but doesnt have that weird slant on the one piece of tread

i looked at my alignment sheet from last month and it says toe is 0.04

if you look at my back in black thread on the main page you can see some of my runs to get and idea of where i was braking... then repeat that about 20 some runs in a night

i only have 2 more autoXs this year and i dont drive it daily much...so if i can get to around dec/jan i will replace the fronts
If you are willing-

You can flip the front tires facing inside to outside or
You can flip the two front tires left to right and vice versa just to extend the life for wear.

·
Founder/Admin
26,252 Posts
yeah left to right is what i will do im gonna get a oil change in about a month.. might be a good time to do that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts