Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
GTR-warlord
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a good set of tires to invest in ?

Factory tires give too much road noise and suck in rainy /cold weather.
Looking for tires to kill the road noise and still get traction in good & bad weather , any suggestions ?
Are the toyo proxy r888 good to solve my issues ? Michelins ?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I won't get into the definition of an investment, however, R888's or MPSS are both great. R888's will offer more grip but last about half as long. MPSS is imo the perfect all around tire as it offers great grip, low noise, and I should be able to get 12-15k miles out of them. Which is a lot for me and a set of tires. People also use the P Zero. I don't like the way they look and imo the MPSS are the superior tire

·
Registered
313 Posts
I love the MPSS for sure, but they were out of stock when I went to order tires, so I went with Bridgestone Potenza RE070's and I love them!!! I will probably get the MPSS's next (just because I haven't had them on my GT-R yet....I have them on my tuned 2014 Audi S4 and you almost can't break them loose!!)!! But don't be afraid to try the Potenza's!! They are really awesome.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Anyone know where is the best place to get (in stock) 285/35/20 and 335/30/20 MPSS?

Also want to give these tyres a try.

Sent from my SM-G900H using GT-R Life mobile app
I have been looking for this as well. Tough size to find in MPSS.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Tirerack. I just got some. They are yummy

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Why not run stock sizes ? What's the difference in going up sizes ?
You'll get a wider surface area and the car will look more aggressive. I suggest just getting 285/35/20 for fronts and either the same for the rear, or 295/35/20 for the rear...or 335/30/20 for the rear. All 3 rear options will work for your 285/35/20 fronts. The MPSS's also are slightly smaller in width than stated. Normally you wouldn't think a 335 could be used on the stock rear wheels on a gtr..but plenty of people run the 285/35 for front and 335/30 for rear.

I personally have 285 35 20 in front and 295 35 20 in rear. Good luck.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
548 Posts
MPSS 285/35/20 and 335/30/20 on Advan GTs... These tires were a huge step above the Nitto NT05 tires that I had before.

Sent from Galaxy NOTE 5

·
Registered
823 Posts
MPSS gets my vote, great performance and better than average wear.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have been looking for this as well. Tough size to find in MPSS.
I just ordered a set through Discount Tire to be installed on my new Advans. 285's were coming from Carolina and the 335s were coming from Illinois. Am pumped to finally get my Diamond Black Advan GTs

·
Registered
416 Posts
You'll get a wider surface area and the car will look more aggressive. I suggest just getting 285/35/20 for fronts and either the same for the rear, or 295/35/20 for the rear...or 335/30/20 for the rear. All 3 rear options will work for your 285/35/20 fronts. The MPSS's also are slightly smaller in width than stated. Normally you wouldn't think a 335 could be used on the stock rear wheels on a gtr..but plenty of people run the 285/35 for front and 335/30 for rear.

I personally have 285 35 20 in front and 295 35 20 in rear. Good luck.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app
stock rims can handle 335/30/20 for the rear? seems quite wide

·
Registered
544 Posts
I won't get into the definition of an investment, however, R888's or MPSS are both great. R888's will offer more grip but last about half as long. MPSS is imo the perfect all around tire as it offers great grip, low noise, and I should be able to get 12-15k miles out of them. Which is a lot for me and a set of tires. People also use the P Zero. I don't like the way they look and imo the MPSS are the superior tire
MPSS are great tires, but here in Pittsburgh I never got more than 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was a bit unsure of this size too for stock wheel, but after having 335's installed, I'm pretty happy. As far as effective increase contact patch, it's questionable. Under hard acceleration they still break loose, can't tell if they truly provide more traction over stock sized tires. Ride is softer for sure.

stock rims can handle 335/30/20 for the rear? seems quite wide

·
Registered
416 Posts
I was a bit unsure of this size too for stock wheel, but after having 335's installed, I'm pretty happy. As far as effective increase contact patch, it's questionable. Under hard acceleration they still break loose, can't tell if they truly provide more traction over stock sized tires. Ride is softer for sure.
interesting. I found a set of rear 335/30/20 Michelin Pilot Sport ps2 for $300 with 90% tread left. Was thinking of getting it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts