Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TiTek Innovations has released their titanium mid pipe for the R35 GTR.

Pipe diameter: 76mm x2 + flex tube x2 + resonator + 89mm x1

Weight:
10.34 LB

We should receive a sample product soon for sound clips and gains but this is the exact design as their previous mid pipe in SUS.

MSRP is expected to be: $2333.00

Any questions please let us know!

Eugene @ SP Engineering

Email: [email protected]
Tel: 626-333-5398

·
Registered
785 Posts
Oh I like that Alot

1) 3"=76mm initial pipes
2) Flex sections
3) Great, GRADUAL merge section not smashing air columns against each other as much as some others, allowing more laminar merge, less vena contracta at the "Y"
4) Nice big resonator to avoid drone somewhat/keep quieter
5) only 89mm mainpipe but geez, ok, 1mm away from 90...and I guess NO one is going to make my 100mm titanium midpipe like EVER so...oh well this is good.
6) Titanium

Only thing I DON'T like is it follows that incomprehensible bend technique wherein they use tiny cut and welded wedge-shaped pipes to make bends, instead of a proper premade BEND! These welds lead to disruption of the laminar flow in the bend, and makes its effective diameter/airflow smaller! Gaaah. Sometimes I think it is some Japanese style thing, maybe they LIKE to see alot of little welded pipes thinking it is custom and cool instead of inefficient and worse performing. (LOL)
OK OK rant off but, just buy some proper bends dudes...do two welds, and END it!!

A little pricey, have to think about it some, but at least it isn't like $4300 LOL
Overall, thumbs up!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh I like that Alot

1) 3"=76mm initial pipes
2) Flex sections
3) Great, GRADUAL merge section not smashing air columns against each other as much as some others, allowing more laminar merge, less vena contracta at the "Y"
4) Nice big resonator to avoid drone somewhat/keep quieter
5) only 89mm mainpipe but geez, ok, 1mm away from 90...and I guess NO one is going to make my 100mm titanium midpipe like EVER so...oh well this is good.
6) Titanium
7) From company that I hope won't charge total ripoff prices

Only thing I DON'T like is it follows that incomprehensible bend technique wherein they use tiny cut and welded wedge-shaped pipes to make bends, instead of a proper premade BEND! These welds lead to disruption of the laminar flow in the bend, and makes its effective diameter/airflow smaller! Gaaah. Sometimes I think it is some Japanese style thing, maybe they LIKE to see alot of little welded pipes thinking it is custom and cool instead of inefficient and worse performing. (LOL)
OK OK rant off but, just buy some proper bends dudes...do two welds, and END it!!

Overall, thumbs up!
I hear what you're saying but unfortunately, due to the complexity of titanium material, it is difficult to weld and cut for a smooth transition. Majority of welded titanium work will look like what you see here in this thread.

·
Registered
785 Posts
grrr... looks like Burns Stainless no longer stocks premade titanium bends. Quick search = hard to find...so ok the Ti weldbends are it for now, I guess...Thanks!
ps...though...aren't at least Sunline Racing Ypipes using Ti bent pipes? oh well.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
The larger the diameter the harder it is to get it right. So it has to be cut and welded. But also those mandrel machines are expensive! Anyways that's what I was told. I have seen ti mandrel bent and cut welded but I'm unsure if its based on diameter size or not.

·
Vendor
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok guys,

Finally have a sound clip loaded online. This was installed on a factory GTR with factory exhaust.

Here are some more detailed images as well of the sample piece.

Thanks for looking!

Eugene @ SP Engineering

·
GT-R pilot
746 Posts
That is an impressive part. Thanks for all the high quality pictures, not to mention for including the actual weight.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Eugene, that mid pipe sounds good!!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Ok guys,

Finally have a sound clip loaded online. This was installed on a factory GTR with factory exhaust.

Here are some more detailed images as well of the sample piece.

Thanks for looking!

Eugene @ SP Engineering
If Ti is so hard to bend, i wouldnt be opposed to having those small sections made of SS or another material, i dont think there would be that much weight gained by having those small sections made of another material, plus it would look a lot better and flow better as well. Or, why cant you source out the Ti to have it bent at a shop that has a Ti bender machine? i mean an extra $100-200 wouldnt kill anyone on here, we already pay the GT-R tax as it is, and the part would look 10x better.

·
Vendor
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If Ti is so hard to bend, i wouldnt be opposed to having those small sections made of SS or another material, i dont think there would be that much weight gained by having those small sections made of another material, plus it would look a lot better and flow better as well. Or, why cant you source out the Ti to have it bent at a shop that has a Ti bender machine? i mean an extra $100-200 wouldnt kill anyone on here, we already pay the GT-R tax as it is, and the part would look 10x better.
I agree, however you cannot weld SUS with titanium at all. This is why a lot of Japanese manufacturers also weld in sections.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Isn't there a stainless version of this pipe as well?

·
Vendor
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Titek's titanium mid pipes are back in stock ready to ship! Both resonated and race versions!

Call or PM for a special price!

Eugene @ SP Engineering

1 - 16 of 16 Posts