Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Keep Calm Chive On
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a 16yr old kid applying for a job at my local Ford dealership for car detailing. Do i write to the CEO of New Prague Ford. ?

·
Registered
589 Posts
To Whom it May Concern

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Im a 16yr old kid applying for a job at my local Ford dealership for car detailing. Do i write to the CEO of New Prague Ford. ?
If you want the job then showing some initiative will help. Does the job posting just say something like "Hiring Manager" as the contact? If there is a phone number then try calling it off hours and see if the VM gives the person's name. If not you can try phoning the dealership during the day and just say you're applying for the job and are looking for the name of the hiring manager.

If you really want to go for it and contact info is provided (and the ad doesn't say "no phone calls please"), come up with a couple of good, relevant questions (i.e. not something that was in the ad or you could figure out on your own) and phone the hiring manager. Prepare a little 30 second "elevator pitch" on yourself and how your experience/skills/willingness to work is relevant to the position (keep it to 30 seconds or less, keep it focused on the job, don't do a "life story"). When you call introduce yourself, say you're looking to apply but have a couple of questions, then ask if now is a good time. If you get the green light then ask the questions, finish up with the 30 second pitch and thank the person for their time. Double-check your resujme to make sure it fits well with the answers you got to your questions, then submit your cover letter/application/resume the same day. Thank the person again in the cover letter for talking to you (just to jog their memory that you were the "keener" that took the time to call).

The key is always to "stand out" when the application crosses the hiring guys desk; a little up-front personal contact does wonders in that regard. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.