Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
One of our favorite events every year is Tokyo Auto Salon in January where Japanese tuners show off the latest iterations of their demo cars and manufacturers debut or officially release their newest parts. Every year we're there in force, bringing you behind the scenes for an early look at Japan's best.

Last year we were honored to have a exciting customer car grab lots of headlines at Auto Salon where it was featured in the prestigious RAYS Wheels booth.

While we are always excited for Tokyo Auto Salon (TAS), this year holds something special in store for us again. This time it's not a GT-R but instead our FR-S Concept One which many of you saw at SEMA is currently on it's way to Tokyo to again be displayed in the RAYS booth. We were honored that RAYS chose us again this year and that the two most important Japanese performance magazines RevSpeed and Option have provided the support to make it all happen, along with our long term partners at Varis Mfg Co. We always dreamed of sending one of our cars to compete with the best in Japan and this year the stars have finally aligned.

Because we'll be pretty busy supporting our car in Tokyo, we've brought six people this year to ensure that GT-R Life gets the same special coverage of the latest in GT-R tuning from the land of the rising sun. That means you'll still get the behind the scenes access and GT-R reporting that you've come to expect starting during set up day, 24 hours before media members turn up.

So stay tuned here, keep an eye on our Facebook page, and follow us on instagram at @bulletproofautomotive to get the goods from TAS14 early, often, and with special attention to the latest in R35 GT-R tuning from legends like Top Secret, Powerhouse Amuse, Phoenix's Power, Esprit, HKS Technical Factory, Varis, Mine's, Ben Sopra, and more.

The other exhilarating but frightening aspect of TAS for us is that we often make very expensive decisions about what we will invest in stocking so that our customers in the US and around the world can have easy access to as many new and exciting parts as possible. We're pretty much the only company crazy enough to stock JDM parts that even the companies in Japan usually only have on a made-to-order basis. In previous years we've gambled on new parts from Varis, Top Secret, Zele, Amuse, Kansai Service, Do-Luck, Esprit, Voltex, Mine's, Endless, JUN, and more. Every year we try to choose the best of the best that we think will find an audience with the right blend of design, performance, engineering and price. This year we are expecting to go as heavy and hard as we possibly can because with the Yen finally returned to a decent price level against the US dollar, now is the time to buy great stuff from Japan that was unaffordable over the last few years.

We will start previewing some new parts and continue to showcase them throughout the show and the next few weeks. Please let us know what you you WANT so we can do our best to get the right stuff for you guys.

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One of the first companies to drop some juicy info is TommyKaira and their new "Ebbrezza R Neo" areo parts. The original TommyKaira kit debuted when the R35 first launched and has always been popular, so we're expecting the new version to grab the attention of those who like to grab attention.

What do you think so far?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Awesome. Thank you guys for putting the effort in and sharing with is all.

As for the Tommy Kaira R35 GT-R 'Ebbrezza' look, too busy for me. But, I'll be looking very closely at what you find since I'm looking for the right parts for my pending build.

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Next up were excited by some of the hard parts and carbon coming from Powerhouse Amuse and the Overtake project. The full dry carbon GT-R left us in awe at Nismo Festival and it looks like the titanium madness is just starting.

We're seeing some preorders trickle in on this stuff already, what do you think?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
The Overtake car is amazing... The manifold is okay as looks go, curious what the performance numbers are for it. Are those lug nuts in the last photo?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I would love to see more pics on the ebrezza rear on a car and also more info and pics of overtake manifold

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Overtake car is amazing... The manifold is okay as looks go, curious what the performance numbers are for it. Are those lug nuts in the last photo?
We share your curiosity about the manifold! Yes they are STTI titanium lug nuts and they are confirmed to be running about $30 per lug!

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Next up, Mine's double stack wing cover. The older Mine's wing cover has always been popular and we're curious about what you guys think about this new more aggressive version from a usually very conservative tuner.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
That Mine's wing cover is interesting and I'll be keen to see more pics. I wonder how useful it is aerodynamically.

·
Super Moderator
8,950 Posts
Personally I prefer the old one. Wanted it for a long time but just couldn't justify the cost of it to myself.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Mines should stick to being a conservative tuner - that wing reeks of AB Flug/Bomex/Veilside first gen aero.
+1
i have to say that is the first time I would consider Mine's trying too hard. I have their CF front bumper, even though it's not the most aggressive nor it's too different from the stock design, but the minor changes are just elegantly done.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Anything new from Volks or Advan???
Actually, any new wheels designed for the R35 GT-R?

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anything new from Volks or Advan???
Actually, any new wheels designed for the R35 GT-R?
The biggest news is the recently released TE37 Ultra:

We hope to see the other colors which are reported to be bronze but may also include black and white. These new TE37 Ultra wheels finally have a deep concavity to them and will be available in up to 20 x 13.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts