Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any feedback or experience running Tomei Pro Cams? I'm considering the 264 or 272 Pro Cam. I'm currently running an Alpha 9 on stock motor but I'm building the motor, going 1mm oversized ferra valves, springs, etc and likely upgrading to Alpha 10's. The car will be a summer daily driver and I'd trade a small bit of top end to for better response. It may see the drag strip a coupole times a year.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Tuned 2 cars with 272 Tomei's. Here is a customer car of them at idle with some stage 3 turbos
. They sound pretty nice! I really like them, that's why I carry them.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you find them fairly responsive? Would you happen to have any dyno sheets for the cars you've done with 272's?

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
I don't think anyone has apple to apple data on cams in general. I have not seen any cars that got dynoed before stock, then only changed cams and nothing else and got dynoed again.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I don't think anyone has apple to apple data on cams in general. I have not seen any cars that got dynoed before stock, then only changed cams and nothing else and got dynoed again.
Working on it back to back. I have a customer getting back from vacation, and his car has been at his local shop getting work done. Have a before dyno exactly as the car sits.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
why not use kelford cams that ams developed for there turbo kits?
I can get the Tomei for half the price of the AMS cams. I'm not trying to be cheap, but I want value from every dollar spent.

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
See that's what I'm talking about! Nothing changed but the cams! Keep the tune the same at first and Dyno it! Excited for these results.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Working on it back to back. I have a customer getting back from vacation, and his car has been at his local shop getting work done. Have a before dyno exactly as the car sits.
Looking forward to the results!

·
Registered
634 Posts
If your going to run big boost, enough to build the motor, then run BIG cams. Your moving on above stock turbos, consider a large lift, and overlap cam that still idles good enough for you.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That engine in-particular is very responsive, but it is high compression with my turbos. With alpha 10's they are responsive, but they dont make 20psi at 3000rpms.

I hope to have that car on the dyno shortly.

Kelfords are very good as are the HKS Cams. Hey I just like cams in these cars LOL.
Sorry to bump this thread from the depths of the archive but Bill did we ever get this comparison? I am finding all kinds of cam info and some is contradictory at best. Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have installed several sets of the 272s and they are great. the only spec difference between this and the Kelford C is the C is 276 right in the middle of the Tomei 272 and 280s

·
Registered
285 Posts
In this Japanese market everyone is stuck on standard,massed, produced camshafts. So unlucky for all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts