Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Too many blue GTRS ?

3K views 29 replies 25 participants last post by  Andyblue 
#1 ·
Too many blue GTRs being purchased?
Does it seem too many people are gettiing the blue 2012-2013s?
No more people need to buy more blue 2012-2013s1516.13%
Yes is see too many blue 2012 -2013s in the market1718.28%
I don't care6165.59%

#5 ·
I voted yes--too many Blues.

Because I like being the only Blue in my area!!

But then again it is a small town and everybody knows its me when I blast past them . . .

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
There aren't too many blues, it just seems that way because of the forum. I have yet to see any blue GTR's in Oregon, besides my own. Overall, there aren't that many GTR's period, unless you live in big city states like CA, NY, FL, or TX.

#7 ·
Never enough GT-R period.

#14 ·
I was just told today by McGrath Nissan in Chicagoland, that their Blue GTR is 1 of only 2 in the country currently available... (This came from the GM, who isnt actually allowed to sell them, only the owner is). I laughed, but he swore on 'locator' that there was only his and 1 other. I was like uh yeah.. let the owner give me a call when he has the time....

#15 ·
We've never seen one, untill ours comes in
we sold one blue car to buy another. But it is one sexy color in the pics

#18 ·
Voted "i dont care", even though theres a guy 2 mins down the street from me with a blue 2012 lol

#20 ·
I really don't care. People buy what they like. The blue is newer and it is a color that pops. The only other 'bright' or 'flashy' color is red. The other colors look good, but blacks/whites/silvers/grays tend to blend in with all other cars on the road. Bright colors (reds/blues/yellow) make a car stand out even more, not that the GT-R necessarily needs any help tho. Despite it being so popular, I have yet to see a blue GT-R in person

#21 ·
Seem popular indeed.. I live outskirts of Gothenburg. And I spotted a second one yesterday. Not a great area for cars like this I want to be the only one.. ;)

#22 ·
Even in SoCal where there is a pretty high density of GTR owners, I've never ran into another blue one randomly on the road. There were a couple at Buttonwillow when I went, and a few at the Cobb SoCal grand opening, but I don't consider those random encounters.

#23 ·
I had my heart set on a blue '13. When that deal fell through and I went looking for another '13, I ended up buying a super silver. Since then I must have seen at least 3 different blue GT-Rs along my daily commute, so in retrospect I am glad I didn't get blue. Blue looks fantastic when the sun is out, but super silver looks fantastic in any weather, any light, and even when dirty!

#26 ·
I know we get regular updates on US GT-R sales. Is there a production breakout... year by color... anywhere?

#28 ·
Agree... when they did Titanium the first year, I had hoped they would have a one-year color each year like they did on the 350Z (not sure if this continued on the 370Z or not). With so few options on the car, it would be cool if Nissan offered the one-year colors.

#30 ·
i just got my 13 blue gtr and i am really impressed with this color! when it was introduced last year i had only saw pics of it and did not care for it BUT when u see this color in person and in the sun it is truly awesome! my nickname is andyblue and i have owned a couple of blue cars before but this is by far the sickest blue i have owned..i hope more people enjoy this color like i do, i will be putting my touches to make it mine soon!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.