Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm primarily interested in keeping my 2013 BE mostly stock'ish, but also open to doing light/easily reversible mods to the exterior/interior/suspension and engine. On my radar so far:

• -Aftermarket steering wheel (with updated paddles)
  • -Aero kit (skirts and lip)
  • -Rear Diffuser (Difflow)
  • -Catback (for the sound)
  • -Midpipe (for the sound)

**I like the way the car sits now with the BE wheels and would probably only add spacers to enhance the look.

With that in mind, i'm curious to find out from those in the community with alot of tenure on this platform:

-What are your Top 5 overall mods for a mostly Stock'ish GTR? (List your TOP 5 below and thanks for sharing! :cheers: )

Cheers,

Des.

·
Registered
566 Posts
My top 5 for a stock GT-R:

-Intakes
-Midpipe
-Catback
-Injectors
-Cobb AP & tune

Of course you're FBO at that point, but still easily reversible.

Non power related:
-Good tires (I went Michelin 4S 285 square. Huge improvement to ride quality over Dunlop's)
-Wheel spacers. H&R spacer kit really improves the stance.
-Clear corners, nice subtle clean look.
-Exhaust for sound.
-Clear 3M protective film over full front clip.

I've done all of the above and have no regrets.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,936 Posts
My Top 5 mods on my black edition:

• Alpha 90mm catless downpipes - this changed up everything, apart from power, it sounds amazing
  • Difflow diffuser fins - probably my favorite. Filled up the gap between diffuser and ground, tough AF and take a beating
  • DCT Custom Steering wheel - flat bottom/alcantara
  • Rexpeed K style splitter & Z style skirts
  • Advan RS-D Wheels - Eibach Spacers 15mm/20mm

Photo showing: Diffuser, skirts, DCT wheel, Advan wheels with spacers)

45146212075_413522b859.jpg

·
Registered
10,198 Posts
Hahahah - trust me :
Turbos
Engine
Transmission
Fuel system
Rim/Tires

But if you want easily reversible to dump the car at some point :
Cobb / Ecutek Tune
Mid Pipe
Injectors
R888R

This is a good start and will unfortunately just drive the first recommendations eventually.

Reactions: GTRheritage

·
Registered
42 Posts
My top 5 for a stock GT-R:

-Intakes
-Midpipe
-Catback
-Injectors
-Cobb AP & tune

Of course you're FBO at that point, but still easily reversible.

Non power related:
-Good tires (I went Michelin 4S 285 square. Huge improvement to ride quality over Dunlop's)
-Wheel spacers. H&R spacer kit really improves the stance.
-Clear corners, nice subtle clean look.
-Exhaust for sound.
-Clear 3M protective film over full front clip.

I've done all of the above and have no regrets.
Thanks for sharing- In my mind, doing something about the unassuming oem exhaust sound and "exotifying" the interior and exterior a bit more with tasteful add-ons is exactly the recipe for me!

My Top 5 mods on my black edition:

• Alpha 90mm catless downpipes - this changed up everything, apart from power, it sounds amazing
  • Difflow diffuser fins - probably my favorite. Filled up the gap between diffuser and ground, tough AF and take a beating
  • DCT Custom Steering wheel - flat bottom/alcantara
  • Rexpeed K style splitter & Z style skirts
  • Advan RS-D Wheels - Eibach Spacers 15mm/20mm

Photo showing: Diffuser, skirts, DCT wheel, Advan wheels with spacers)

45146212075_413522b859.jpg
Thanks for playing and great list. I don't want to compromise exhaust sound for drone/smells/CO so i'm researching different exhaust mod combinations at the moment (DP, MP, Catback etc /Catted Vs non )- all very interesting. I've seen your car around the forums and have actually had some ideas based on your own tasteful mods. I call it the BE+ package

Hahahah - trust me : Turbos Engine Transmission Fuel system Rim/Tires But if you want easily reversible to dump the car at some point : Cobb / Ecutek Tune Mid Pipe Injectors R888R This is a good start and will unfortunately just drive the first recommendations eventually.
haha! i see what you did there. interesting that i've been reading about swapping tires as a worthwhile mod, i may have to do that as i plan to auto-x this car when time permits.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,936 Posts
I actually had the same concerns in terms of Drone, gas smell, and inspection. i swapped out my catless HKS midpipe with a Cobb catted midpipe and it did the job.

I have 0 gas smell, passed inspection, no drone, car is quiet/normal when cruising but loud at WOT. my combo is

Alpha 90mm catless dp

Cobb 90mm catted mp

HKS legamax exhaust

709 Posts
Surprised that CCR brakes have not been mentioned. When I do it all over again, mid-pipe and brakes are all I'm touching for a couple of years. Not that my FBO didn't make me happy.

Edit: Not sure to what degree of stock-ish you want to stay. Though reversible, brakes may be too extreme.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Majj- I am so happy right now! I have always felt like the rear of my 17 was missing something and after reading this thread i figured it out. It needs a difflow diffuser/fins. My question is did you get the full replacement or did you just go with the fins?

Thank you :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Tune (Ecutek), Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn (a little goes a long way), midpipe (then make the decision of whether you want to do catback), catback, then intakes.

And then you realize you want more and go past 5

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Ha......depends on your priorities.

1) Tires

2) Brakes

3) Tires

4) Brakes

5) Exhaust?

:paddleshift:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts