Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Considering the original instructions are in Japanese, and are a pain to try and translate, I figured that maybe my install would help anyone else installing these.

First, pull out your mirror panel. This is done by first putting your hand in the air vent and pulling up, and then pulling the mirror panel towards you, they are both held in by clips.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design Automotive exterior

Once you have the panel out, disconnect the plug from the mirror panel and connect it to the Top Secret harness, and then reconnect the other side of the Top Secret harness back to the mirror panel.
Gesture Automotive tire Finger Thumb Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Finger Nail Automotive lighting Bag

Open your drivers door and remove the carpeted area over the fuse panel, this will also require you to pop the bottom door trim a bit.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

Look in between the door opening and you will see a connector. Pull the retaining clip down (it pulls hard but is fine).
Hood Motor vehicle Guitar accessory Vehicle door Bumper
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle

Once the clip is pulled down, pull the plug out that you just unclipped. This will leave the empty socket, which you can then push the little clip on the bottom of the socket (circled in green) and pull the socket through the car into the fuse panel area inside. This is done so you can easily access the wires of the socket to tap into.
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Bumper
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bicycle handlebar

The Blue wire from the Top Secret harness needs to tap into pin 8 "lock" of the socket (Violet wire on my 2010) and the white wire needs to tap into pin 9 "unlock" (Green wire on my 2010). I used posi-taps for these connections, and suggest you do as well. These wires are not guaranteed to be the same colors throughout the years, but the pin location should be the same. You can't see the pin locations well in my pic, so I also attached a pic of the Top Secret instructions to compare to, continued in the next post.
Circuit component Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Hardware programmer Electrical supply

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Textile Art Rectangle Font Pattern

Now that you have tapped the connections in the socket, you can push it back into its location. It's easiest to first push the plug in through the hole to meet the socket, and then after they are connected push the socket back inwards to reseat it.

The only wires left on the Top Secret harness are the red and the black. The red needs to be run to a 12V constant power. The smaller yellow wire in my picture in the fuse box is constant 12V, and I tapped into that.
Circuit component Red Electrical wiring Gas Font

Now attach the black ground wire underneath a bolt somewhere, I think I found a bolt to the left of the fuse box.

And that's it!

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,962 Posts
Too bad the much simpler CarKit one isn’t available anymore.

Reactions: ihateu3

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Too bad the much simpler CarKit one isn’t available anymore.
I agree with you, I wanted that one to begin with. I kept emailing the store about a few items on the site and never got any response, and they have never been restocked for at least the year I have been looking, so I had to buy the Top Secret one. At least the Top Secret one came down in price to be cheaper, it use to cost much more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts