Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Vendor
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we just got done with the tune on Mike's self built 2012 GT-R. The car is a basic Alpha10 system with supporting mods.

First let me say what an honor it is to tune Mike's car! This man has been building and driving crazy fast cars for years! This time around he ran into an aspect of the build that he had no desire to tackle himself....the tune!

After many conversations, and lots of research on Mike's part he decided that we were best fit to tune his baby. Doug and I are very happy for Mike! Lots of hard work has finally paid off!

Doug worked his magic through the afternoon tuning 3 different fuel maps for the Alpha10. The ID2000 injectors are limited to only being able to run fuel without MTBE which narrowed our fuel options. So three maps were done for the car...93octane pump gas, E85 and VP100 (100 octane)

Mike and Doug very happy with the power levels especially considering we are still on the stock heads, cams, and valve train!

I will have video and pictures up soon, and I am sure you will be getting 60-130 times as well as some 1/4 mile times out of Mike very soon!

~Cicio

22PSI 93oct PUMP GAS

23PSI E85 FUEL **Fuel Pumps Were Maxed Out @ 23PSI**

31PSI 100oct. FUEL

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
nice power!! congrats

·
Registered
405 Posts
Awesome! Can't wait to see what it does at the track.

·
GT-R CRAZY
399 Posts
Congrats. Good power. Enjoy

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
congrats Mike & Topspeed!

·
Vendor
1,540 Posts
Thanks guys! The car pulls super hard even on E85. I'll let Mike post about the drivability and experience.

Just a few things to note on the dyno numbers.

First this is on 100 octane NOT MS109 like most of the numbers your used to seeing...so there is HP left on the table there just from the extra octane.

Second this is also through a resonated Y-Pipe & a 3" exhaust vs. a 3.5! That may not seem like it makes much of a difference, but at these power levels you would be surprised.

All in all we are very happy... a set of cams and some hotter fuel and the car would break 1000 without issue!

~Cicio

·
R36 Member
6,049 Posts
Thanks guys! The car pulls super hard even on E85. I'll let Mike post about the drivability and experience.

Just a few things to note on the dyno numbers.

First this is on 100 octane NOT MS109 like most of the numbers your used to seeing...so there is HP left on the table there just from the extra octane.

Second this is also through a resonated Y-Pipe & a 3" exhaust vs. a 3.5! That may not seem like it makes much of a difference, but at these power levels you would be surprised.

All in all we are very happy... a set of cams and some hotter fuel and the car would break 1000 without issue!

~Cicio
not like the street NEEDS that kind of power haha

·
Registered
324 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts