Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it fitting to put a thread up congratulating our customer Daniel and my tuner Rob Harper for putting the first R35 Nismo in the 9s!!!

We met Daniel just a couple weeks ago in Ohio during the Buschur Shootout and began talking to him. My team actually ended up installing ID1300 injectors trackside for him and Rob street tuned the car at the event. Unfortunately the car was a little low on transmission fluid at the track so the 1-2 shift was delayed leaving him stuck in the low 10s.

Well after an evening of hanging out with my team he decided to drive the car to Atlanta after the shootout for us to do a full fluid swap on it, install 485 fuel pumps and tune the car on the dyno here at TSM! The really crazy part about that was that then he was driving the car back to Washington state!!! Holy Crap!

Well the car did awesome on the dyno as you can see below from the dyno graph but the more important part is that it backed it up! Last night Daniel ran at a local drag strip and ripped of a 9.964 @ 133.61 (slip below)

We are pretty happy to have tuned this ECUTek controlled Nismo in order to meet the customers goals of a 9 second pass! This will for sure not be the last you hear of this car tearing up the track because the customer already wants more! Next up is intercooler, exhaust and some front 18s to try to get that 60' down.

MODS:

ETS Downpipes
ETS Midpipe
ETS Intakes
ID1300 Injectors
Walbro 485 Fuel Pumps
ECUTEK FlexFuel Tuned by Rob @ TopSpeed Motorsports

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Congrats on putting the first Nismo GT-R into the 9's!! It has been a pleasure working with Daniel on this build. I can't wait to see what this car does with the next round of upgrades. Keep up the good work guys!

Thanks,

Michael

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
What is up with that trap speed? That is amazing that it went 9's with that trap! Any videos of the runs?
I snagged the video off Daniel's facebook.

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is that power safe on stock engine?
Yes sir! We run 750whp as long as the torque is kept down on tons of upgraded turbo stock motor cars. It is only when the tuner gets too aggressive that it becomes an issue.

The car is on slicks so with this low of torque to pull the tire through the MPH suffers considerably VS a radial tire.

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What is up with that trap speed? That is amazing that it went 9's with that trap! Any videos of the runs?
One thing that hasn't been considered is the aero of the Nismo, it must have a significant impact on the trap speed. This car went [email protected] on R888s right after I tuned it, the same power on our dyno consistently traps 140-141 in a non-Nismo GT-R. And of course the Hoosiers he runs pulls another 2-3mph out of the trap.

·
Founder/Admin
26,441 Posts
not saying there isnt anything to that as we have seen members with aftermarket pillar wings suffer a couple mph drop but coefficient of drag is the same as the standard car on the NISMO and all the mag reviews have showed similar traps. I think the last one in C&D or R&T was 128. It could be case of obviously as the car is faster is comes into play more so it would affect a car that should trap say 140 more than a mid 120's car. I will say ive had it up to 160 on the track and its the first car I can say being a intermediate level driver that I could 100% feel the aero working so like I said it may be a case that a higher powered NISMO might be more adversely hindered

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.