Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone in the NAGTROC community know the torque specs for the different front under-cover panels and the rear carbon fiber panel Bolts? I did a search on the form and only found specs under "how to change GR6 transmission oil", and it has the torque specs for the two panels in front of the carbon fiber panel only.
Thanks in advance for your help.

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
This covers most bolts by the bolt size. I will look for any specifics on the panels.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:31648]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sean Morris,
thank you for the information you posted. By chance, would you also have any information on the other two front engine covers behind the one you already posted on?

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
Sean Morris,
thank you for the information you posted. By chance, would you also have any information on the other two front engine covers behind the one you already posted on?
I didn't see them in there. Just use the chart with the bolt sizes above.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Front Diffuser is what needs to come off to change the oil on a 09 right?
Please, for heaven's sake, do this:

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=34000

I will FOREVER and quickly say that whatever idiot at Nissan who thought that REMOVING THE FRONT UNDERTRAY was acceptable procedure for CHANGING THE ENGINE OIL should be asked to commit hari kari.

Unforgiveable. Thank goodness somebody rethought that for later.

Shawn

·
Gojira driver
929 Posts
Shawn, I gather from the link you posted that certain 2010 and newer GT-Rs will not need this "mod", because the newer underpanel/lip already has these 4 holes. So I can change my 2012's oil by just removing the undertray, without removing the underpanel/lip...is that correct?

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Shawn, I gather from the link you posted that certain 2010 and newer GT-Rs will not need this "mod", because the newer underpanel/lip already has these 4 holes. So I can change my 2012's oil by just removing the undertray, without removing the underpanel/lip...is that correct?
I have not been able to locate any owner beyond a few 2010's that have the "old" style front lip. I could be wrong about this, but if the 2012 doesn't have this factory internal change, I'll be shocked.

Shawn

·
Founder/Admin
26,155 Posts
you dont have to to remove the front under panel to change oil in the 2012+

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does anyone else have any torque value information on the other two front engine cover trays behind the front spoiler cover. I'm not changing my oil at this time, and my 2010 has the new under try mod for the easy oil change, but I like having the factory torque specs when I put things back together after service.
MikeyR

1 - 12 of 12 Posts