Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
301 Posts
I know there's a few topic here already discuss about this, but i am still confuse because some people say 28 and some say 39.

I run on thunderhill raceway a lot of time and temperate over there is around 75-80 degree.

So with the OEM wheels, whats the cold pressure i should start with the front and rear tires?

· Registered
6,766 Posts
see
http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/66103-toyo-r888-tire-pressure-street/

Cold temps are just a starting point, how fast they can warm up depends on track conditions, how you drive, and what you are doing on each lap for a given track. More cornering, more heat is possible.

The more aggressively you drive the lower the cold temps you can try but if you have short sessions you can pull off and check tire pressures and tire temperatures (probe pyrometer) to see how you are using all of the tire surface/tread. Tire temperatures cool off rapidly and must be checked as soon as you leave the track and get into a safe area.

Running high pressures once warmed up will heat up the middle treads, lower pressures will allow you to use more of the inner and/or outer treads depending on your circumstances.

· Registered
334 Posts
Interesting ! I'm out again in a couple of weeks and will try 35. Perhaps this isn't the right place to ask, but does anyone know the PSI range of the TPMS ? As in, what range it triggers the low PSI warning, and what PSI it triggers the high ?

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback. It will be counter clockwise. How about we do 28 on the front and 29-30 on the rear at cold to help on under steering? It should get to 35psi when it's hot.

· Registered
2,156 Posts
I always ran mine at 30 on the street, never did anything but drag race so cannot comment on other. I ran one set at 35 and noticed a lot of center wear on the tires and lots of tread on the outer edges. Next set i ran 30 and its wearing very even across the tire.

· Registered
909 Posts
I settled with the following: 26 cold fronts and 22 cold rears. How I drive when I come off track they are 34 front and rear.

I lowered the rear as my instructor runs a Viper ACR and he recommended the rears going a little lower so that I could get better wear.

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I settled with the following: 26 cold fronts and 22 cold rears. How I drive when I come off track they are 34 front and rear.

I lowered the rear as my instructor runs a Viper ACR and he recommended the rears going a little lower so that I could get better wear.
im afraid that 22 will burst the tires

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was actually getting them to wear more evenly at that temp as I first went out at 30 squared then dropped the rears to 26 and fronts at 30.

But 22 in the rear felt perfect as they heat up quick. I know a few guys that run R888s on Camaros run 22 as well
way lower on the back doesnt make you feel understeering more?

· Registered
909 Posts
way lower on the back doesnt make you feel understeering more?
I kicked the back end out twice when I was at 26 in the rear. I was on MPH and turn 13 is non symeterical turn (http://viperrendezvo...H_track_map.JPG) and going full throttle onto the straight I kicked out the rear a tad. When I went to 22 I was planted and was able to go full throttle earlier on the straight.

No problems with the front at all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.