Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
R35 Member
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I recently bought and mounted Toyo R888's. I had a trackday event this past weekend, and deflated the tire pressure to 24psi for better grip as recommended by other drivers at the track.

Now that I am back from my trip, I shall be using my car as a daily driver again, and had initially planned to put back the stock Bridgestone Tires, but to be perfectly honest, I just love the way the Toyo's fit and look on the car too much.

I have decided to keep them on and daily drive with them, but not sure what tire pressure I should be setting them at?? Some are saying keep them low at 24-25 psi, and I just left the dealership who set them at 32psi all around.

Any advice or input would be highly appreciated.

·
R35 Member
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why so low? I'd probably run them at around 39psi hot especially since it's for the street -- no reason to run so low for street imho.
What would 39 hot be cold???

·
I'm everywhere.
857 Posts
I have mine set for 33-34psi cold. Gets up to 37psi from street/freeway cruising.

·
R35 Member
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Road noise is okay for DD with these?
When you have a midpipe and exhaust installed, they really dont bother you... Also the road noise comes up only above 100 kms/hr. The sound doesnt bother me at all... and once again, the way they look and fill out the wheel wells is well worth it for me....

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
R-888 track temp COLD = 25
R-888 street temp COLD = 35

Peace ..

·
Registered
3 Posts
R-888 track temp COLD = 25
R-888 street temp COLD = 35

Peace ..
Cold means nothing though.

You should set your track pressure at the temp its running at, every tyre will get to differing temps/pressures when on track. ie nsf 35psi, osr 30psi on a clockwise track.

Get on track get them hot then set them all to 29psi. Tweek from there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts