Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to see if anyone has experienced thumping or stuttering during corners when they track/autox with the runflats? It almost sounds and feels as if the tires are skipping on the surface. I am not sure what it is, but it does feel a little weird.

I cannot imagine that it is a tire balance issue, as the tires are mounted from the factory (still the first set out of factory).

I am actually experiencing this in autox, so you may not have it on track as you don't flick the car as much as autox does.

Thanks.

·
Founder/Admin
26,259 Posts
its the AWD understeer... very common in autoX with the GTR... the fronts are sliding across the pavement

one tip is right when you start to experience it try giving the steering wheel a couple quick short back and forth movements.. should upset the front enough to stop it as you pull through the turn

you can even see it in one of my recent vids at the :18 sec mark

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. I have never heard of that in other AWD....perhaps it's the runflats?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.