Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the replies in advance.

I have the opportunity to buy a track edition for around 70k with 18k miles on it. The problem I have is it has no back seats and I really dont like the front seats of the track edition. The front seats I have trolled the forum for and I think there are many great options I can choose. The steering wheel I would just get upholstered to my liking similar to the black edition and the red shift nob im sure I can find somewhere as well. This leaves me with just 1 issue I havent solved yet --->no back seats & seat belts.

Anyone have any ideas on possible solutions for this? Or any reasons not to pickup this Track Edition?

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
Why not just buy a Premium or BE for that price. They are out there and have everything you are looking for. IMO, you shouldnt buy a car and have to change out so much just to get it the way you like. Is it just that the car is local to you?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
You could always trade out your track edition rear seat delete with someone who has the rears/belts. Not sure, but I would bet the mounting points are no different between the two and would be interchangeable. There are other owners who would gladly take these in trade!

·
Knowledge is recession proof!
4,211 Posts
You could always trade out your track edition rear seat delete with someone who has the rears/belts. Not sure, but I would bet the mounting points are no different between the two and would be interchangeable. There are other owners who would gladly take these in trade!
This is true. I have a set of rear seats/belts that have never been used that are basically mint that I'm willing to trade for the track edition stuff.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guys/gals I've decided to pull the trigger on a 15 BE if they come down to 74K has 3k miles. Im only considering this track edition which is near me because they are willing to give me top dollar on my trade.
This is true. I have a set of rear seats/belts that have never been used that are basically mint that I'm willing to trade for the track edition stuff.
If I do end up getting the track edition this is something I would do with no problem.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Thanks for the help guys/gals I've decided to pull the trigger on a 15 BE if they come down to 74K has 3k miles. Im only considering this track edition which is near me because they are willing to give me top dollar on my trade.
I am leaning toward this more and more mainly because I don't want to deal with parting everything out that I don't want.

If I do end up getting the track edition this is something I would do with no problem.
Good decision

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
That's got liability nightmare written all over it....if he needs rear seats he should buy a car with them installed from the factory....just my $.02

·
Warrant Officer
700 Posts
That's got liability nightmare written all over it....if he needs rear seats he should buy a car with them installed from the factory....just my $.02
I agree, stuff like this isn't something I'd feel comfortable just 'swapping out'. I'd just grab a premium or black and call it a day.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Not trying tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do with their car - just pointed out the possibility. Up to the owner to decide whether it's a choice to make.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the 15 Black edition was weirdly raised in price 5k overnight makes no sense. I talked with the sales manager and he said its because it was owned by a nissan "executive. So back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I saw that track edition at Lexus of Orlando. Seem's like a lot extra IMO. Best deals seem to be private owners on here.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I saw that track edition at Lexus of Orlando. Seem's like a lot extra IMO. Best deals seem to be private owners on here.
Well any private owners/sellers who live close to Orlando PM me asap. I went to close a deal on 3 days ago on a RED Premium at Bill Ray Nissan for 79k told the salesman I had a scheduled meeting with my accountant and Id be right over after. Get there start filling out the paperwork then asked to drive it before I finished the papers and right before im getting ready to test drive it salesman runs outside and says the car sold 40 minutes ago!!! You cant make this stuff up. Obviously the frustration meter went to severe and they tried to get me in 1 of the 4 others they have but none were in the 70k range. Always crazy how when you are ready to buy you cant find what you are looking for, but when you aren't ready every deal looks great. Just wild stuff I would have easily put a refundable deposit on the car if he had told me. I mean come on man.

So that 14 Track Edition at Lexus of Orlando is looking more & more tempting...

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Well the 15 Black edition was weirdly raised in price 5k overnight makes no sense. I talked with the sales manager and he said its because it was owned by a nissan "executive. So back to the drawing board.
The price was pretty low so it possibly was mis-priced. A factor of price is what the seller has in it as well. Just like you can buy too high; you can sell too low.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Picked up the Lexus from the service department yesterday and they let me take the Track Edition out by myself with no one else in the car. Very nice of them and perhaps the best thing they could have done. Absolutely loved it! Drove so much different than the 2012 and even noticed differences than the 2015. For anyone interested... You in no way can sit in the back of the track edition. When they say rear seat delete they mean "NO SEAT" its just a hole with cloth snapped over it. You try to sit on it and your rump goes to the floor basically with your knees to your chest. On top of that yes no seat belts. Im going to give 2 shops here in Orlando (Titan & Kings) a call to see if they think they could come up with an idea for seats back there and a 5 point. Then who knows you Track Edition guys just might have another friend in Central Florida! Fingers Crossed

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Picked up the Lexus from the service department yesterday and they let me take the Track Edition out by myself with no one else in the car. Very nice of them and perhaps the best thing they could have done. Absolutely loved it! Drove so much different than the 2012 and even noticed differences than the 2015. For anyone interested... You in no way can sit in the back of the track edition. When they say rear seat delete they mean "NO SEAT" its just a hole with cloth snapped over it. You try to sit on it and your rump goes to the floor basically with your knees to your chest. On top of that yes no seat belts. Im going to give 2 shops here in Orlando (Titan & Kings) a call to see if they think they could come up with an idea for seats back there and a 5 point. Then who knows you Track Edition guys just might have another friend in Central Florida! Fingers Crossed
Good luck!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.