Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After selling his pristine 900+ wheel horsepower 1994 Supra Turbo Hardtop, Mick (TrakDay) decided it was time to get into an R35. He chose another beautiful example with a pearl white 2015 R35, and of course he couldn't keep it stock for long. With a desire to maintain a somewhat stock sound and not go crazy with the budget, Mick had us plan out a mild selection of aftermarket modifications to up the horsepower on his VR38. We added downpipes, midpipe, 3" intakes, ID1000 injectors, Denso 265lph pumps as well as a speed density conversion and flex fuel kit. The car was calibrated in-house on EcuTek by our tuner Alpha.

With the factory exhaust and factory intercooler still in place, Alpha was able to coax out 589 wheel horsepower on pump gas and 639 wheel horsepower on e85! That was with a standard correction factor applied. Uncorrected, the numbers were 571whp on pump and 621whp on ethanol. Healthy figures for a stock turbo GT-R in the Florida heat!

Video (Watch in HD):
Dyno sheet (Also in video):

· Registered
98 Posts
As usual Induction Performance has done an amazing job. They built my Supra from scratch and that was an amazing car, but the lack of creature comforts forced me to consider other options. I couldn't be any happier with the GTR. Honestly coming from the rawness of a Supra I knew the GTR would be more tame and comfortable, but it has far exceeded my expectations in every way. The car at cruise seems to be as quiet as it was when 100% stock with the windows up, but sounds great under WOT. This was important to me as I am daily driving this car for now. It's amazing what these cars can do with simple bolt ons and is so easily worth the cost. The car is great in stock form, but FBO really wakes the car up and gives a great power band.

Victor and Alpha at Induction Performance have always taken great care of me and the continue to impress me. Hell Victor literally put the entire purchase of my GTR together for me with the dealer and got me a no hassle deal that I just had to walk into the dealer and sign.

· Registered
430 Posts
After selling his pristine 900+ wheel horsepower 1994 Supra Turbo Hardtop, Mick (TrakDay) decided it was time to get into an R35. He chose another beautiful example with a pearl white 2015 R35, and of course he couldn't keep it stock for long. With a desire to maintain a somewhat stock sound and not go crazy with the budget, Mick had us plan out a mild selection of aftermarket modifications to up the horsepower on his VR38. We added downpipes, midpipe, 3" intakes, ID1000 injectors, Denso 265lph pumps as well as a speed density conversion and flex fuel kit. The car was calibrated in-house on EcuTek by our tuner Alpha.

With the factory exhaust and factory intercooler still in place, Alpha was able to coax out 589 wheel horsepower on pump gas and 639 wheel horsepower on e85! That was with a standard correction factor applied. Uncorrected, the numbers were 571whp on pump and 621whp on ethanol. Healthy figures for a stock turbo GT-R in the Florida heat!

Video (Watch in HD):
Dyno sheet (Also in video):

Congratulations TrakDay!
Induction performance does it again.
Look forward to meeting you all soon and go racing with you as well.
Nice numbers.

· Registered
1,226 Posts
As usual Induction Performance has done an amazing job. They built my Supra from scratch and that was an amazing car, but the lack of creature comforts forced me to consider other options. I couldn't be any happier with the GTR. Honestly coming from the rawness of a Supra I knew the GTR would be more tame and comfortable, but it has far exceeded my expectations in every way. The car at cruise seems to be as quiet as it was when 100% stock with the windows up, but sounds great under WOT. This was important to me as I am daily driving this car for now. It's amazing what these cars can do with simple bolt ons and is so easily worth the cost. The car is great in stock form, but FBO really wakes the car up and gives a great power band.

Victor and Alpha at Induction Performance have always taken great care of me and the continue to impress me. Hell Victor literally put the entire purchase of my GTR together for me with the dealer and got me a no hassle deal that I just had to walk into the dealer and sign.
Interested in your opinion of the difference between the two as far as acceleration goes. I've been on the fence on whether or not Ill be happy with FBO and was super pleased when I got a taste of the difference between stock and that level. Is the difference "that much more insane" to warrant the consideration or do you think the current power is sufficient? I realize its a question thats loaded but just wanted to know.

· Registered
98 Posts
Interested in your opinion of the difference between the two as far as acceleration goes. I've been on the fence on whether or not Ill be happy with FBO and was super pleased when I got a taste of the difference between stock and that level. Is the difference "that much more insane" to warrant the consideration or do you think the current power is sufficient? I realize its a question thats loaded but just wanted to know.
Not exactly sure what your asking?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,226 Posts
Not exactly sure what your asking?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Yea its weird. trying to justify the leap from FBO to motor/ trans and turbos. If the sensation isnt that much more than I guess I would be happy with the FBO level. seeing as you have two side by side- you would know. Seems your happy with the outcome.

· Registered
581 Posts
Yea its weird. trying to justify the leap from FBO to motor/ trans and turbos. If the sensation isnt that much more than I guess I would be happy with the FBO level. seeing as you have two side by side- you would know. Seems your happy with the outcome.
I know what you mean. Presently at FBO, trying to decide if those alpha 9's are worth it to me.

· Registered
1,226 Posts
I know what you mean. Presently at FBO, trying to decide if those alpha 9's are worth it to me.
Yes! My dilemma

· Registered
98 Posts
I only have the FBO GTR you see here. My other car was a 900hp Supra with a DBB 6766, that car was much more violent when accelerating and a lot of fun. I imagine a 900hp GTR feels much smoother working its way through the RPMs than my Supra did. For me the FBO level is perfect for now. I'm only interested in building it once, so when I do it will likely be a 4.1 Alpha 10 or 12 setup. I'd love to have a 200mph 1/2 Mile car

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.