Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to autox in a weeks or so. What is the tanny temp I should watch out for? What is the temp I should stop running hard when it reached ?

·
Founder/Admin
26,252 Posts
at autoX you will not come anywhere near a high tranny temp...

i autoX alot and ive never seen over 220 .. as the way autoX is set up you have you arnt running consecutive laps

·
Founder/Admin
26,252 Posts
Thanks, for reply. If I running on track (2.2 miles) 5-6 laps, if it reaches 200-210 I should start doing cooling lap?
oh well thats a little more than a typical autoX..... no 200-210 is normal operating temps dont even pay that any attention ..... i wouldnt really worry about cool down laps unless you saw over 240... that is the cut off range for getting into the 3K mile tranny change.....

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I'm going to autox in a weeks or so. What is the tanny temp I should watch out for? What is the temp I should stop running hard when it reached ?
Tranny temp is a worrying thing with GTR due to the factory lubricant sustaining permanent damage long before the self-protect limp mode in the software is engaged. Its another one of those GTR quirks thats hard to understand. The key is to use a high quality lubricant like WR35TM which has proven now over many years not to break down or change its base structure with heat, turn your MFD display off, and drive the car as hard was you can for as long as you can. When the car has had enough it will let you know forcing a cooldown condition at around 310F. Bet you cant get anywhere near it

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Tranny temp is a worrying thing with GTR due to the factory lubricant sustaining permanent damage long before the self-protect limp mode in the software is engaged. Its another one of those GTR quirks thats hard to understand. The key is to use a high quality lubricant like WR35TM which has proven now over many years not to break down or change its base structure with heat, turn your MFD display off, and drive the car as hard was you can for as long as you can. When the car has had enough it will let you know forcing a cooldown condition at around 310F. Bet you cant get anywhere near it
And if the tranny breaks while running it that super hot and Nissan downloads the flicker data telling them how much over their recommended temp you ran the tranny and for how long, you will provide free transmission warranty replacements if Nissan denies your warranty?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts