Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On an average day here in idaho with a temperature outside of about 75-95 my Trans temp on my 2015 GTR premium when driving around and "getting on it" occasionally(settings R N R) ranges from 190-214 F. What temps do you guys see when driving and what temps do you guys see when racing? Example of driving I do. I may be cruising along 35-55 mph(depending on posted speed) for a good 20 min then I find myself first at a red light so I put it in manual and roll out in first then hammer it and shift through the gears till I hit about 80 (as you all know only takes about 4 sec lol love it) then slow down and continue to cruise around town at normal speeds for 20-30 min. So average(1 to 2 hours of driving) I may get on it 4-5 times just to experience Godzillas wrath and then I park him.

·
Registered
623 Posts
220F safely at the track around 225F I begin a cooling lap and pit the car.
Pop the trunk along with the hood of the car to let things cool down.
I think at 240F the consult three gets triggered.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I typically don't see anything over 201 degrees on the street, with spirited driving. Just cruising on the freeway the temps stay at about 186-188. Ambient air temps are about the same as yours.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have a 2014 in NY/NJ and spirited driving I can hit 205 no problem, and even just sitting in traffic my trans temp will hit 200+ on a 90 degree day. Strange to me how everyone maintains such a low temp...must be better airflow. While cooling down driving at highway speed, it will cool down to 190-195. Wonder if I'm an exception here or something is up. Track temps can get to 220 QUICK!

·
GTRLIFE BOTM August 2015
1,042 Posts
I live in Az. I do not track my car, I only daily it. When it's 115+ degrees outside, my trans temps even cruising on the freeway will hover between 209-221 depending. In normal weather, 105 degrees and below, max 201 even with spirited driving.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I have a 2014 in NY/NJ and spirited driving I can hit 205 no problem, and even just sitting in traffic my trans temp will hit 200+ on a 90 degree day. Strange to me how everyone maintains such a low temp...must be better airflow. While cooling down driving at highway speed, it will cool down to 190-195. Wonder if I'm an exception here or something is up. Track temps can get to 220 QUICK!
Mine are about the same with my mods running low boost setting.
Last night in NYC driving back from Queens to Brooklyn to Manhattan my trans temp stayed around 200-207 w/ spirited driving.

·
R35 Owner
391 Posts
You guys are a bunch of pussy-foots. I hit 250F in a typical 15 min session with 85F ambient temps. I can say from experience that hitting 262F on a track will not cause noticable breakdown of the fluid, nor will it fry your trans. What broke my trans was first gear shearing after 500+ launches, but hot track use did not show any excessive wear when Shep opened up my first trans. Repeated hard launches fries the trans, or rather, snaps stuff.. 220F+ on a hot day with spirited driving is nothing to be concerned about, go out and drive. Just don't repeatedly launch with those hot temps. Avoid rear wheel spin at all cost.

·
Registered
200 Posts
after warmed up , normal daily driving temp stays around 195F

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
You guys are a bunch of pussy-foots. I hit 250F in a typical 15 min session with 85F ambient temps.
Congrats! You won the contest. �

Maybe you are seeing consistently those temps because of your 500+ launches. I trust that you change your fluids often.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Forza Felipe
1,716 Posts
Same as you 2014 in central jersey same exact trans temps but ive never seen 220 on my car not even close highest 205 spirited

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
190-214 is pretty normal as OP is seeing.

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
100+ launches and I don't usually see over 199. Cruising its in the high 180s.Hot days in traffic I've seen 195. Highest ever seen was 202. This is in hot ass Florida summer heat.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
I've seen 210ish running around these ny streets
212 yesterday for me. I think it all depends on weather and how hard you're driving/shifting.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
212 yesterday for me. I think it all depends on weather and how hard you're driving/shifting.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app
This.

I was logging yesterday with a few 3rd gear pulls and the temps in Houston hovered around 199. Then I launched it- 205 (after one launch). Got back on the highway and within 5-8 minutes was back to 195. 183-188 is casual driving temps for my 15'

·
Forza Felipe
1,716 Posts
100+ launches and I don't usually see over 199. Cruising its in the high 180s.Hot days in traffic I've seen 195. Highest ever seen was 202. This is in hot ass Florida summer heat.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app
damn Joe 100 plus launches I have 1 on my clock and that's it lol

·
Registered
430 Posts
Great thread...I noticed also after 205-210+ on engine and trans temps the car runs rougher/jerkier and much more noise/clunking while downshifting and exiting corners...just not as smoother as when temps are below 205. So I feel that heat is doing something...may not necessarily be bad but the car isn't as linear/smooth.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts