Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need Help.

2011 EDM (2012 US) keeps coming up with TM code P0777 and going into limp mode.
Just had an oil pressure sensor changed (tm dropped twice!) and clutch replaced to GTC clutches.

Can anybody tell me whats wrong?

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Hum . U contacted the dealer ? They changed ur oil ?

·
23GTR.se
740 Posts
We´re in touch, but since I don´t have the car in my shop I can´t take a look at it. Hopefully we can work it out soon.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read that others have had problems with TM relearn.

I will try and get the car to Perra, just annoyed that last TM repair lasted 2 trips of less than 50 miles. (and shop is 300 miles away).
I hope it is a faulty sensor.

·
JDM R35 Premium
2,033 Posts
P0777 - Pressure Control Solenoid Valve B Stuck On

Possible causes
- Faulty line pressure solenoid valve B
- Line pressure solenoid valve B harness or connectors
- Line pressure solenoid valve B circuit is open or shorted
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid

Help with this
Tech notes
When the a transmission solenoid is stuck on, in most cases the problem is not the electrical part of the solenoid; the problem is foreign material obstructing the mechanical function of the solenoid or the flow of the fluid through the transmission valve body. If the transmission fluid is very dirty, it is recommend changing the transmission fluid and if possible removing the transmission pan for further diagnosis. Excessive debris or metal particles on the transmission pan could be an indication that there is a transmission mechanical failure and that the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced.

Help with this
When is the code detected?
The gear required by the Engine Control Module (ECM) does not match the actual gear when driving
Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission shift shock
P0777 - Description
The line pressure solenoid valve B regulates the oil pump discharge pressure to suit the driving condition in response to a signal sent from the Transmission Control Module (TCM).
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]
Read more: http://www.nissanhelp.com/diy/obd_codes/p0777_honda.html#ixzz26S1n66yZ[/background]​

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
P0777 - Pressure Control Solenoid Valve B Stuck On

Possible causes
- Faulty line pressure solenoid valve B
- Line pressure solenoid valve B harness or connectors
- Line pressure solenoid valve B circuit is open or shorted
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid

Help with this
Tech notes
When the a transmission solenoid is stuck on, in most cases the problem is not the electrical part of the solenoid; the problem is foreign material obstructing the mechanical function of the solenoid or the flow of the fluid through the transmission valve body. If the transmission fluid is very dirty, it is recommend changing the transmission fluid and if possible removing the transmission pan for further diagnosis. Excessive debris or metal particles on the transmission pan could be an indication that there is a transmission mechanical failure and that the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced.

Help with this
When is the code detected?
The gear required by the Engine Control Module (ECM) does not match the actual gear when driving
Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission shift shock
P0777 - Description
The line pressure solenoid valve B regulates the oil pump discharge pressure to suit the driving condition in response to a signal sent from the Transmission Control Module (TCM).

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Read more: http://www.nissanhel...l#ixzz26S1n66yZ[/background]​
Thank you for your reply,

I have had the solenoid packages taken out and completely cleaned, that helped for 400 km.
Completely cleaned and new tranny oil.

Is it true that I cannot buy a solenoid packages? what are people doing when the have solenoids that fail?

Now, you said something interesting! when I have to go into a garage with a decline or incline it seems to instantly throw codes!
I ask my mechanic if the oil level was correct which he said it was, but I am interested to know if you can ad a little bit to much oil to prevent this?

·
JDM R35 Premium
2,033 Posts

I have had the solenoid packages taken out and completely cleaned, that helped for 400 km.

Is it true that I cannot buy a solenoid packages? what are people doing when the have solenoids that fail?

Now, you said something interesting! when I have to go into a garage with a decline or incline it seems to instantly throw codes!
I ask my mechanic if the oil level was correct which he said it was, but I am interested to know if you can ad a little bit to much oil to prevent this?
Maybe a refurbish of the tm oil pump should do the job.

I have refilled mine 9.7L-10L TM oil

·
Registered
96 Posts

I think I read somewhere on this forum that Nissan will start selling transmission parts from 2nd of November this year. Lets hope it happens!

·
JDM R35 Premium
2,033 Posts
I think I read somewhere on this forum that Nissan will start selling transmission parts from 2nd of November this year. Lets hope it happens!
There are two tiny filters inside the valve body. If those are clogged no flow can go through the valve body. Mine is cleaned a while ago and works perfect now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts