Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trans warranty and Cobb's 006
My transmission has been replaced under warranty and I had flashed my transmission with the Cobb 006 at some point before the fail.
I have flashed by TCM with the 006 and Nissan replaced my trans under warranty450.00%
I have flashed my TCM and Nissan Denied me warranty when my trans died.450.00%

·
Registered
181 Posts
Has anyone here previously flashed their transmission with the Cobb 006. Then had their transmission go bad and Nissan covered it?

I am talking about solenoid failures ect. Not blown gears from launching or abuse.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Would be interesting to know..

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I like the look of the stats so far!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I THINK Cobb does a good job with their tune, that Nissan wouldnt detect it has been installed? I know they do this for the BMW. I dont know much about the gtr black box if it would log evertime the ECU is reflashed or not...i assume they do, but nissan techs might not check it when replacing a tranny? I would assume they would be more interested in how many launches were preformed right before it failed.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Great poll!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Good poll, but every case is different depending on your dealer, the infamous Black Box, and determined cause of the failure. These results could be misleading.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Where's the I have it w/o problem option? That's me...
That's a different poll dude. This one is ONLY for people who have flashed their car with the Cobb 006 TCM and had their transmission replacement warranted or denied by Nissan.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I'm happy BUT with all the talk around here about tranny problems and there are only 3 votes!? It eases my fears about upgrades but I thought there would be more stats then this........

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do any of the people who have had their transmission software flashed with the Cobb 006 and have a new transmission under warranty care to share their experience and story?

Please?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Another win for the Cobb AP 006. Just got my car back today after taking it in for a transmission failure and three week replacement. Had flashed ECU with 91 Octane stage 1 v 3.61 maps and flashed TCM with the VDC off LC5 and trans was replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Another win for the Cobb AP 006. Just got my car back today after taking it in for a transmission failure and three week replacement. Had flashed ECU with 91 Octane stage 1 v 3.61 maps and flashed TCM with the VDC off LC5 and trans was replaced under warranty.
Great news! What was wrong with your trans?

·
Registered
822 Posts
awesome news.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Code was P2714, Clutch Pack B not holding pressure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts