Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Will the Willal 10 litter can be enough to fill the transmission and the DCT Cooler after install, and complete transmission replacement?
Perfect amount. In stock, all varieties if you need any.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Will the Willal 10 litter can be enough to fill the transmission and the DCT Cooler after install, and complete transmission replacement?
When I had the GReddy tranny cooler installed the 10 litres of Willall 'V-Spec' was NOT enough to completely fill the transmission once the lines, oil cooler was filled. Buy 2 extra litres of the Willall along with the 10 litre can and you'll be safe. I had to re-use about 2 litres of my 'old' Willall that I was exchanging, BUT since it looked brand new after about 1 year, many miles and multiple track days, I wasn't too worried.
Bish

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
When I had the GReddy tranny cooler installed the 10 litres of Willall 'V-Spec' was NOT enough to completely fill the transmission once the lines, oil cooler was filled. Buy 2 extra litres of the Willall along with the 10 litre can and you'll be safe. I had to re-use about 2 litres of my 'old' Willall that I was exchanging, BUT since it looked brand new after about 1 year, many miles and multiple track days, I wasn't too worried.
Bish
That's unusual Bish. We've done dozens of the Greddy HKS and Willall cooloer installs and haven't had to open a second can of fluid.

·
Super Moderator
3,449 Posts
I think a completely dry fill (after a GR6 reassembly) would require more than 10l with a cooler installed but normally a fluid change only requires about 8l or so. Therefore with the transmission cooler 10l should be enough.

Remember beware of over filling.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
That's unusual Bish. We've done dozens of the Greddy HKS and Willall cooloer installs and haven't had to open a second can of fluid.
I certainly bow to your far great knowledge Sharif, I'm just going by what I was told when my GReddy cooler was installed at Jotech. IIRC, another owner also needed extra fluid over and above the 10L and was asking for advice here not too long ago about what to use. Perhaps during the install oil was spilled? Could be many reasons I guess. Good to hear from you btw, hope you and all the guys are well.
Bish

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
I certainly bow to your far great knowledge Sharif, I'm just going by what I was told when my GReddy cooler was installed at Jotech. IIRC, another owner also needed extra fluid over and above the 10L and was asking for advice here not too long ago about what to use. Perhaps during the install oil was spilled? Could be many reasons I guess. Good to hear from you btw, hope you and all the guys are well.
Bish
hehe.. Hi Bish! Hope you are doing well too, and the new car is treating you well.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Bish
Likely the pan was pulled to get out all the fluid. Without a pan being pulled, it's about 7-8 L, enough for the cooler to only get to 10L. Pull the pan, and you're at 11-12.

Shawn

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Likely the pan was pulled to get out all the fluid. Without a pan being pulled, it's about 7-8 L, enough for the cooler to only get to 10L. Pull the pan, and you're at 11-12.

Shawn
Shawn,
That's exactly what happened as I had the Willall cooler removed along with their replacement tranny pan when the GReddy was installed. Thanks for helping my memory.
Bish

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
going to change my diff fluids and tranny fluid myself for the first time have a lift . Any suggestions ??? Using motul all around
For diff fluid, I would suggest Motul 75-140. For the trans...streeet use Motul DCT is fine. For track or heavier use, Dodson fluid is a better fit.
We have all of these in stock if you need anything. Front and Rear Diff requires about 3 liters of fluid while the transmission takes anywhere from 8-10Liters.

Dodson Transmission Fluid: http://www.forgedper...cat=1885&page=1
Motul Differential Fluid: http://www.forgedper...cat=1885&page=1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.