Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013, and ever so often, the car makes a grinding sound in reverse after sitting for a while- say 3-7 days. The latest time, I couldn't get the car to move in reverse until I put it in 1st, the moved it a coup[le of inches, then put it back in reverse. Any ideas, and solutions ?

·
WOTer
1,144 Posts
I get the grinding noise during reverse quite often as well, haven't got to the stage where it stuck. Anyone can chime in on the grinding noise issue?

·
JDM R35 Premium
2,033 Posts
Motul 75w 140 (blue diff oil).

Otherwise post me the video of the noise.

·
WOTer
1,144 Posts
I run Motul 75W140 and the grinding noise comes on during reverse while turning. Does the Willall fluid totally eliminate it?

·
JDM R35 Premium
2,033 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No wheel lock when in reverse- I'm in my garage. I called the GTR hotline, and they want me to get it into the local dealer asap. Dealer didn't have a loaner until Monday, so I'm waiting for that date. I had a 2009 for 8 months before the transmission issue scared me into getting rid of the car, and I never had this issue. The grinding has happened about 5 times in the past ( since delivery in late June) and sounds pretty awful. This last time really got my attention when the car made the noise but absolutely no movement. BTW, car bone stock, and no launching (that I know of-service hopefully didn't abuse it)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.