Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced this? When taking off from a stand still with light throttle my transmission acts "grabby" its not a smooth gradual acceleration. If I put it in manual mode it seems to go away. It acts like it bucking a little bit. This is the best way I can describe it. Can you adjust this wit the Accessport? if so, anyone care to explain what to do?

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Has anyone else experienced this? When taking off from a stand still with light throttle my transmission acts "grabby" its not a smooth gradual acceleration. If I put it in manual mode it seems to go away. It acts like it bucking a little bit. This is the best way I can describe it. Can you adjust this wit the Accessport? if so, anyone care to explain what to do?
Hum .. Don't have that . But no Cobb tranny here

·
Registered
705 Posts
I get that sometimes, especially when coming to almost a complete stop, the car will stay in 2nd (Auto), then when i accelerate it gets sort of fidgety.

·
Registered
61 Posts
same thing here , specially when the car is cold ...

they told me to do clutch adjustment , so i took it to nissan and they tried but with no luck, however they still investigating ...

if nissan cant solve it then ill try cobb hope it helps.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I agree that when the car is cold, from a start, the clutch is grabby. But once warm I have fewer probs. Unless severe, i would not consider it a problem.

·
Super Moderator
3,445 Posts
Very common issue. A simple adjustment of the touchpoints or a gear relearn will sort this out. Get you HPC to do it for you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So if I lower the touch points it will be less grabby. I haven't really looked into this, but if I lower the touch points will it make the clutches slip more when it changes gears, or will increasing the CC fix that?

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
So if I lower the touch points it will be less grabby. I haven't really looked into this, but if I lower the touch points will it make the clutches slip more when it changes gears, or will increasing the CC fix that?
Assuming this is a stock transmission and stock fluid? If so, I would suggest first setting the points to zero and then doing a clutch gear learn. Then road test and adjust.as needed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will try that this weekend. It is all stock, I am almost due for my 18k service so my fluid is probably shit right now. I was thinking of just putting in some willall transmission fluid, I've heard nothing but good things.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Raising the tp will help you. It will give you more "creep"
Specifically, touch point to +2 on clutch B. This will allow the car to creep forward slightly when you let off the brake from a stop. When you then accelerate from a stop, the clutch is already engaged so it won't act "grabby" like you describe.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Thanks for this thread, I have the exact same issues, far more pronounced when the tranny is cold. Was looking for an excuse to upgrade my AP to support TCM functions, lol.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My 2011 has only 500kms on it and its grabby too. Predominantly if taking off in first on a slight incline. Reversing up my driveway (which is about a 5 deg slope) is a nightmare, it just keeps "bunny hopping" all the way.... Not really fussed with it though as I'm learning where the balance point is between moving and hopping... i suppose its just the way the car was designed....

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had the same issue with my 2009 , and it was jerking all day, and i took it to nissan several time and finally after insisting to install LC4 (the one on 2012) they agreed to do it , the car is amazing changing gears is much smoother and the most important thing is no jerking even if the car is cold.

Trust me take it to nissan and ask them to install LC4 and you wont regret it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Actually they usually do , but he said I'll charge you for 1 hour work , which was 250dhs 65$, There is other thing i believe even the dashboard Graphical has been improved , this is what I felt.

Take your car to nissan and insist to install the 2012 software , if no luck I believe you can do it with Cobb.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I had the same issue with my 2009 , and it was jerking all day, and i took it to nissan several time and finally after insisting to install LC4 (the one on 2012) they agreed to do it , the car is amazing changing gears is much smoother and the most important thing is no jerking even if the car is cold.

Trust me take it to nissan and ask them to install LC4 and you wont regret it.
I would like to see a copy of the invoice for this service.

This would be a very popular item.

Shawn

·
Registered
369 Posts
I will try that this weekend. It is all stock, I am almost due for my 18k service so my fluid is probably shit right now. I was thinking of just putting in some willall transmission fluid, I've heard nothing but good things.
Mine was quite grabby when cold and after I changed my fluids at 18k, the "grabbiness" decreased substantially.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts