Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been doing R&D on the GTR transmission for several months now. We have developed a upgraded Kevlar clutch pack with heavy duty internal springs. This will allow the car to put up more power down to the ground.

We have also come out with some new internal hardened gears for harder launches. The transmission is our main focus on the GTR. We are also working on some external issues with the transmission casings breaking on a few of our customers cars. We will post all the new goodies for the transmission and how they perform on our dyno.

South Side Performance

605-331-7889 Cody Long or Kris Gagnon

Attachments

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
parts are nice, but who will be doing the R&R? and is it priced reasonably?

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
competition is good for our prices...thats 2-3 tuners now helping with this

·
Registered
199 Posts
To the OP, Good stuff, but how did you come across a tranny to do the R&D on?
I drive by SSP everyday on my way to work and have seen this GT-R on the lift now for about 2 months. I believe this is their one and only GT-R ATM.

I wish my GT-R deal had gone through.

·
Registered
284 Posts
cool stuff what can you do about the solenoids that controls the gear selection though? those have been failing as well.. do you have anythign available?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I haven't been here for quite some time until now, but the GTRs really have that many transmission problems already? What kind of stuff are the customers complaining about right now when it comes to the GTRs transmission?

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
I haven't been here for quite some time until now, but the GTRs really have that many transmission problems already? What kind of stuff are the customers complaining about right now when it comes to the GTRs transmission?
not really alot of busted trannies, just people wanting to "strengthen" them to be safe!

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
not really alot of busted trannies, just people wanting to "strengthen" them to be safe!
I think I should paraphrase that - not being rude celsius.

He means "Not a lot of busted transmissions, but just people wanting to be cautious"

A dufus might read your statement to mean a LOT Of busted transmissions which we all know is untrue.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think I should paraphrase that - not being rude celsius.

He means "Not a lot of busted transmissions, but just people wanting to be cautious"

A dufus might read your statement to mean a LOT Of busted transmissions which we all know is untrue.
We have been doing all the R&D at our new state of the art facility. We have a new Dynojet 424X awd dyno with eddie currents. We have several hundred hours of part fabrication and dyno time with these parts. We have a full linup of parts laid our for the GTR. From the transmission to the engine, we will make all the goodies to make your car strong and durable.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We have been doing all the R&D at our new state of the art facility. We have a new Dynojet 424X awd dyno with eddie currents. We have several hundred hours of part fabrication and dyno time with these parts. We have a full linup of parts laid our for the GTR. From the transmission to the engine, we will make all the goodies to make your car strong and durable.
We understand that people have had a lot of problems with internal gears. We have also seen quite a few broken rear transmision cases. The rear casings to the transmisison are made of cast aluminum. This seems to be a weak point when using the launch control. Some people have not seen this yet, but beware, the rear transmission cases are breaking. These failed transmission cases are being kept under close raps by Nissan.

We are coming out with a complete external transmission upgrade. This consists of several pieces to make the external part of the transmission stronger. This should let the user of the vehicle be able to launch the car more frequently with out the worry of breaking the transmission.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We understand that people have had a lot of problems with internal gears. We have also seen quite a few broken rear transmision cases. The rear casings to the transmisison are made of cast aluminum. This seems to be a weak point when using the launch control. Some people have not seen this yet, but beware, the rear transmission cases are breaking. These failed transmission cases are being kept under close raps by Nissan.

We are coming out with a complete external transmission upgrade. This consists of several pieces to make the external part of the transmission stronger. This should let the user of the vehicle be able to launch the car more frequently with out the worry of breaking the transmission.
Progress pictures with the motor applications. We currently have several aftermarket engine mods coming out on the market. We will keep the progess pictures coming.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.