Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After i installed a few parts on my car and did a custom tune i have seen in two instances the Transmission warning light blink twice. Is this normal that they sometimes blink when driving hard. On of the cases was about 10 minutes after the car had been tuned in the dyno.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
I have the mods listed in my sig. My car has been dyno tuned and I have done 20 track days with the car as well as using it as a daily driver. I had a pressure sensor go out in the transmission and the warning light came on (and stayed on). I have never seen the transmission warning light blink. I would say your issue is not "normal," but I don't know if it is truly indicative of something wrong with the transmission.

Were you driving the car hard or just cruising when this happened? Did the car have any symptoms other than the blinking light? Was it the warning light in text at the bottom of the gauge cluster or the transaxle icon in the upper right corner of the gauge cluster (or both)? Is your TCM stock or do you have the Cobb AP 006 and flashed the TCM with a Cobb map? Is your car a 2012 or an earlier model year? Do you have any other lights off or going on and off on the dash (backlight to fuel gauge, temp gauge, etc.)? The answers to these questions would help to make an educated guess.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm not entirely sure if this will work with the GTR but it did work with my 350z after I had tuned it. Simply disconnect the battery and turn the headlights on, reconnect the battery and start the vehicle. All of your warning lights should disappear unless there is an actual problem that needs to be addressed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.