Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just swapped out my seats for some race seats. Plugged in the belt cable but there obviously is not sensor on the race seats for the airbag detection (child disable).

Does anyone know how to either reprogram to ignore this sensor, or a hack to trick this cable into thinking there is someone sitting in the seat?

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Just swapped out my seats for some race seats. Plugged in the belt cable but there obviously is not sensor on the race seats for the airbag detection (child disable).

Does anyone know how to either reprogram to ignore this sensor, or a hack to trick this cable into thinking there is someone sitting in the seat?
I know their is a way to do it with ohm connecters but not exactly susre how. Would you like to sell your stock seats assuming you have black seats?please pm me back I will pay TOP DOLLAR!!!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HA! You are the man that can Adrey! Anyone whos wanting to lose some weight on Godzilla will be replacing those 62 pound seats!

Anyhow.. all I see now is a flashing airbag light, very annoying. I'm hoping its a simple hack to trick it into thinking someone is sitting there. No babies in my front seats.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
If you have a wiring diagram let me see. Im an Electrical Engineer. I could tell you easily how without going under the seat

Also I am out of town on business so I cannot try on my own GT-R. If you have the diagrams they might give me something to draw up. Im sure its probably just as easy as shorting a few pins with some resistors or a relay.

·
Registered
618 Posts
If you removed your original seat. Find the yellow connector plug (SRS/Airbag) put an Ohm Meter on it and fit its resistance. Then go to radio shack and buy the appropriate resistors. For the passengers seat, I recommend you figure out the resistance with a passenger over 40lb on it, so it keeps the passenger airbag turned on.

This would be my first step.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
If you have a wiring diagram let me see. Im an Electrical Engineer. I could tell you easily how without going under the seat

Also I am out of town on business so I cannot try on my own GT-R. If you have the diagrams they might give me something to draw up. Im sure its probably just as easy as shorting a few pins with some resistors or a relay.
i will get it tomorrow..

G

·
On the airbags themselves you need a 2 ohm resistor to fool the system into thinking there is an airbag there. I just did our shop car here at Zielsports. I am not sure about the passenger side weight sensor though I am still looking into it.

·
JIC-Magic /ZielSports
27 Posts
I am using Works Bell air bag canceller adapter. I orderd from Works Bell from Japan direct. they are 1.5 ohm( They said) come with fuse. I will post picture tomorrow.

JON

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I am using Works Bell air bag canceller adapter. I orderd from Works Bell from Japan direct. they are 1.5 ohm( They said) come with fuse. I will post picture tomorrow.

JON
please let me know if it works. Part # website. pics. I'm so tired of that light. I've had it for 8 months now. I want it 2 go away

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
Too bad you can't just clear the codes using a consult lol

·
JIC-Magic /ZielSports
27 Posts
here is seat air bag canceller piture I am using with my GTR.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts