Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whenever i click to tell the radio unit to download my phonebook, it gives me a command to enter the pin "1234" when my phone asks for it. but it never does. and when i got to my general > settings and make my phone discoverable... it always say "iphone NOW connected" and on the screen it says failed to download phonebook. keeps repeating this endless cycle... any help?

thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Iphones don't support transfer of contacts to most automotive head units. This is Apple's fault, you can only share contacts via email or text but not via blue tooth. This has been going on since the first iPhone and is one of my only complaints about it. So you'll have to do it all manually.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iphones don't support transfer of contacts to most automotive head units. This is Apple's fault, you can only share contacts via email or text but not via blue tooth. This has been going on since the first iPhone and is one of my only complaints about it. So you'll have to do it all manually.
ahhh.... i just came off a BMW 335i that was able to have my phonebook store on my car... bummer.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Is there any fix for this?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
iPhone address book download works great and automatically in the 2011+ cars. This isn't a "phone" problem, its prehistoric MFD and software that Nissan had in the 2009-2010s (the "beam me a contact" stuff used to download contacts in the 2009-2010s died long ago with the Palm Pilots, along with the "proprietary" Apple cable and CF card as opposed to USB)...

·
Registered
360 Posts
iPhone address book download works great and automatically in the 2011+ cars. This isn't a "phone" problem, its prehistoric MFD and software that Nissan had in the 2009-2010s (the "beam me a contact" stuff used to download contacts in the 2009-2010s died long ago with the Palm Pilots, along with the "proprietary" Apple cable and CF card as opposed to USB)...
Well it worked perfectly fine with android phones. (manually not automatically) the beaming contact feature was just a way to manually send info, which would work perfectly fine if apple allowed it. Its not like it used the old school IR transfer lol

·
R35
1,319 Posts
+1 on that

I gave up - I just use the phone to dial.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My iphone downloads flawlessly in my Lexus and Toyotas. My friend's works in his GM cars. Mine does NOT work in my GTR (2010). I believe they fixed that in 2011+ years. Don't blame Apple exclusively. Nissan was part of problem too.

·
Registered
360 Posts
My iphone downloads flawlessly in my Lexus and Toyotas. My friend's works in his GM cars. Mine does NOT work in my GTR (2010). I believe they fixed that in 2011+ years. Don't blame Apple exclusively. Nissan was part of problem too.
It didn't work in my ISF either, my sprint phone did though. Its kind of hit and miss, I guess mostly only newer cars do.

·
ACG Automotive
2,588 Posts
I have a 2013 and mine won't download the contacts either. It's fvckin annoying when someone calls because I can't recognize the numbers. I need to figure this out asap.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just tried transferring from my Verizon iPhone 4S to the 2013 and it's not starting the transfer.

Does it start downloading automatically or is there something in the iPhone that has to be done to start the download?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Starts automatically as soon as the phone/car establish the connection, no manual intervention needed. With 800 or so contacts mine takes about 10-15 seconds before the full address list is available on the MFD...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Starts automatically as soon as the phone/car establish the connection, no manual intervention needed. With 800 or so contacts mine takes about 10-15 seconds before the full address list is available on the MFD...
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but after the download the "Vehicle Phonebook" is still empty but the "Handset Phonebook" is populated with my contacts.

Is that correct or should the "Vehicle Phonebook" also be filled with contacts?

·
ACG Automotive
2,588 Posts
I still can't get shit to load in my "Vehicle Phonebook" on my '13.

Certainly the only thing that is really annoying.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but after the download the "Vehicle Phonebook" is still empty but the "Handset Phonebook" is populated with my contacts.

Is that correct or should the "Vehicle Phonebook" also be filled with contacts?
Vehicle phonebook should be empty (or contain whatever entries you've manually entered in there); if you've got a populated "Handset Phonebook" then its sync'd up and you're good to go...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.