Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I am having trouble with the exterior lock/unlock pushbutton on the door. It seems to not work about half the time, but If I push the key fob unlock or lock it always works. A new key battery was put in it recently and did not solve the issue.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Reviving a thread.

My key fob works fine when unlocking the car/trunk and starting the car. However, the button on the door to unlock the door on both side don't work. My car was also painted recently and looks like they may have painted the door handle area. Would that affect the sensor in any way?

·
Registered
100 Posts
There is a TSB out on this. It basically says other common devices putting out certain forms of electronic interference can prevent your vehicle from detecting your key fob.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10134845-9999.pdf

I've had this issue with both the door button and key fob, especially after having the keys locked in a metal safe for any extended period of time. It takes about a minute for the vehicle to "talk" with the fob again. I don't have this problem when I'm out and about, and away from the vehicle for any amount of time. My theory is the safe acts as a faraday cage and completely kills any outgoing/incoming comms.

WOWAGTR, perhaps if your paint is metallic based, it may be contributing, but there's many other factors to consider, as outlined in the TSB. Metallized window tint will probably be a factor too, since it can and does affect cell phone reception.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.