Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts

I just picked up my 2010 less than 2 weeks ago from a certified GTR dealership. I found it has a bent lower link, the differential is binding horribly at less than 1/2 of a steering wheel turn and the ECU has a tune. The car just had its 18k service done before I bought it.

The dealer told me that my car was covered under factory warranty and the Gold Premium warranty but after a call to the GTR hotline they said with an ECU tune it will not be covered if something related fails. The GTR tech at the dealership told me that the ecu was "encrypted" im guessing he means Cobb tuned and i am hoping to find this noted in the service records. Is a suspension check part of the 18K service? Shouldnt a bent lower link have been easily identified at that time? Any help would be grealy appreciated, so far I love my GTR but my experience sucks.

Can anyone on here pull my service records or notes? (Not sure if its recorded anywhere accessible)

VIN: JN1AR5EF4AM230643

·
Registered
872 Posts
Ummmm....not to make you feel awkward or anything, but didn't you take the car in for an inspection before purchase? Did you buy from private party or dealership? Tragically it sounds like you didn't complete due diligence before taking delivery....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bought at a dealership after they did the 18k inspection/service. They are the experts, I shouldn't have to tell them the car they are selling has spray painted rims bent lower arms and a binding diff. They are a certified GTR dealership. Isn't that where you take it for an inspection anyway? Haha

·
Dream Crusher
2,822 Posts
It'll suck if you bought from a Nissan Dealer like that without them disclosing that information. If you purchased it from a private party, you should have had it check out by a Nissan dealer before buying. Sorry this experience is not working out for you. I wish you the best of luck.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im sure between working with Nissan NA and the dealership I'll end up with a deal or GTR Ill be happy with. I feel bad for the GTR. Its being treated like a "Child Called It". Just sitting in my garage in limbo yelling at me to take her out for a spin. I think I can hear her crying.

·
The Nihonjin
308 Posts
hopefully you can fight it and they will buy the car back or fix it and make it right.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1. Yes from a Nissan dealership with a 2 certified GTR techs

2. It has factory warranty and nissans protection plus extended warranty until 4/2013 42k miles

3. Carfax says recommended service complete on 8/6/11 which they said was the 18k one

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Interesting, I ran your VIN on NNANET, only shows the 1st POS service done. Perhaps one of the GT-R techs will chime in here why there are no other records. It is possible that the servicing dealership didnt use NNANET to list vehicle maintenance, still, slightly out of the norm. I wouldn't really worry about it. However the good news is there were never any parts replaced or broken, car looks fine. Nor has it gone through 3 new gear boxes in case you were worried lol.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha whew. It sucks to because the car feels strong and solid. It's honestly the fact of the matter that sites so wrong with me. I paid for one thing and got another.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I see you edited your original post to include some important info....if you bought this from a Nissan GTR store, and it has those problems, why not just unwind the deal? It seems silly to have the bent car sitting in your garage as time passes....
This story just isn't making any sense

·
Registered
85 Posts
Idk what the bs flag is for but that's what I'm in the middle of right now is gathering information to return the car. I already contacted my bank to put a hold on the money. The dealership gave me the car when I signed everything a week ago but I halted payment canceled the check yesterday until they resolve my complaint. Hence why the car sits in my garage in limbo and I started this thread.

*edited for spelling

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Idk what the bs flag is for but that's what I'm in the middle of right now is gathering information to return the car. I already contacted my bank to put a hold on the money. The dealership gave me the car when I signed everything a week ago but I halted payment canceled the check yesterday until they resolve my complaint. Hence why the car sits in my garage in limbo and I started this thread.

*edited for spelling
Good move getting proactive and canceling the check. It's a local dealer? I would expect that from some mom and pop place or a private seller, but not Nissan. That's bogus.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's a local dealership 2hrs away. (I guess not so local lol) Nissan North America is putting them under investigation. They took it really serious and are being super helpful.

The tech where I bought it said Nissan could tell if there was a tune on there. Is there anyway to show that the dealership was aware of that via service records?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also is checking suspension components part of the 18k service? How could a dealership overlook the bent lower link.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Im in Michigan but the dealership is in Ohio

http://www.kenganleynissan.com/

Its still early, so lets give them the benifit of the doubt that they will do the right thing. They were extremely nice and took very good care of me when buying the car. Either way Ill let everyone know the outcome.

Last night I just sat in the car on my ipad updating this thread crying. Hopefully the tear stains come out of the seat. haha

*edited to sound even less slanderish, no need for any bashing on them please. I dont want to look bad.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Definitely wouldn't seem like a "mom and pop" dealer if they have 2 GT-R techs. But most importantly, how could they do ANY type of thorough inspection/certification on the car without connecting to the ECU and checking things out (looking for codes, etc.)? If they are claiming that the ECU is locked (via Cobb for example) then they must have just punted on this step which should put those techs in serious hot water at the very least. And yes, if they skipped something that basic I would have no confidence that they checked much of anything else either.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.