Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
There will be a trunk or treat event at ACI Dynamix in Seymour, CT 15OCT2021 from 5-10pm. AWD 3 pulls dyno run $120/early booking or $150/day of. Better to book in advance as ACI’s shows get packed!
$20 event entry fee.

If you are not familiar with ACI Dynamix, you need to change that immediately! They routinely work on everything. I mean everything…from Golf’s and civics to GTR’s and Huracan’s to Pagani Huayra’s and more. They have been in business for over a decade and Bryce, the owner, literally founded his business off of GTR’s so they hold a special place in the shop’s heart. Specializing in wraps and modifications but also maintenance and even tinting. They are a one stop shop and I have been lucky enough to know them since the first year they opened. Awesome group of guys that can make your dreams a reality. Check out their social media for their work and support the shop by coming out to this guaranteed amazing event.
Oh yea and bring the kids for the trunk or treat too😉

*Edit

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think I'm in for this. I've contacted them with questions. Never heard of this place and I'm always interested in checking out a different shop.

BTW, did that cancer awareness event on the 9th ever go off? I wrote them an E-mail, and left a voice-mail. No response. Instead, I'm in the middle of fluid changes to the engine oil, front and rear diffs, and trans on the GT-R. Pain in the butt, but the $430 it costs me is better than $2,300 at the 3 different dealers that I called.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea the fluids are crazy if you don’t do them yourself. Just left the show and it was a pretty good event. 200+ cars. Highlights were Aventador SVJ, McLaren 720S, Performante. Tons of classic cars. A few C8’s a a couple GTR’s.

·
Registered
8 Posts
First, let me say that I'm 55, and was working on my parents cars before I could drive. Hell, I just installed coilovers and energy suspension bushings on the MR2 myself on jackstands, and the driveway asphalt. Did shocks, struts and brakes on the wife's RX350 last year.

Barbarino Nissan here in Wallingford is an exceptional craphouse. I ordered crush washers all around for the fluid changes. They gave me the wrong ones for the front diff. Unreal. Don't they know this stuff?? What do they do when they are servicing the cars? Surely there is a list of what to order as they are all special order parts and have to be paid in advance.

Made an appoint for an alignment a few months ago. The girl on the phone quoted me $110. I asked if she wanted to know the model....answer: no, they are all the same. I show up on the day and put my key on the counter. Now its....Oh, you have a GT-R, we can't do it for $110, more like $420. We apologize, she's new. I leave and find this is the going price. Call back to reschedule at Barbarino. Show up on the day, and its .....Oh, you have a GT-R? Our GT-R technician is out today, so we can't do it. Again, we apologize, she's new. Reschedule. This time I get in. They don't even work on the car, and take me out to look at it on the lift. Now its, my god! your undertray bolts are rusty. We need to replace them for $150 (there are no perfect numbers in auto parts, right, so $150 is a lie), and an extra $280 in labor. Now we are at $850, and I tell them to forget it. I later bought stainless steel equivalents for $75. Then its....Oh, your brakes need replacement. $7,700 for all 4 brakes plus the $850 alignment, and now we are at $8,550. From $110 to $8,550. And they said it with a straight face. Stunning.

This is outright fraud. I did a pre-purchase inspection in January at RT 46 Nissan in Lodi, and was personally told by the service manager that the car was babied by an older woman for the last 4 years and the brakes had 40% left and were good to go. They were familiar with the car. I inspected the rotors last week when I was under the car. Zero issues. Lodi has no skin in the game so they told the truth. Fraud. I do not need new brakes.

The minor surface rust from not driving it for a while is gone now and the rotors are perfect. Shiny cast iron. Rock auto has the OEM Brembo rotors for $1,230 for all 4. Pads are about $300. Do the math on what a brake job costs. Barbarino told me never to use aftermarket pads as "they could melt". Where the hell did that come from? Melt? Fraud.

And there was no issue removing those tray bolts. Barbarino never even tried. Fraud.

Sorry for the rant. Just burns me that a less knowledgeable person would get absolutely fleeced.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed. Over never even walked in the place. Have heard some bad things before about their service department and this correlates closely to that. It’s a drive but I have gone to Country Line Nissan for GTR service and they’re great. Fast and efficient and take care of all of my carbon bits to not mess them up. I had a friend working there (now at another dealership) so I made the drive. They have a GTR tech there regularly.
Those prices are outrageous though. I get everyone has to make money. It’s a business. But damn!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Agreed. Over never even walked in the place. Have heard some bad things before about their service department and this correlates closely to that. It’s a drive but I have gone to Country Line Nissan for GTR service and they’re great. Fast and efficient and take care of all of my carbon bits to not mess them up. I had a friend working there (now at another dealership) so I made the drive. They have a GTR tech there regularly.
Those prices are outrageous though. I get everyone has to make money. It’s a business. But damn!

Went to County line many times for the Evo. Kind of liked them.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It goes down tonight! Come out and see how much you’re putting to the ground, see some super/hyper cars and bring the kids for a Trunk or Treat special!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts