Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got AAM's race downpipes, and catted midpipe, and the drone is pretty annoying right around 2k rpm while cruising.

Seems to be coming from the rear of the car kinda, but it's hard to tell.

I'm guessing the easy solution would be to slap some dynamat in the trunk, and then do under the seats next?

·
LiMiTLeSs
3,224 Posts
I'm surprised you have drone with catted midpipe. But yes the best solution for in cabin drone is full dynamat. Its a night and day difference.

·
Registered
224 Posts
This stuff works well. Just a couple coats does a great job cutting noise. It is not heavy. Used it in my Z06. Will install when I pick up my 2013

http://www.quietcar.net/

·
Registered
601 Posts
Please PM me about hushmat as well. (and placement instruction if available) I am about to do the dynamat on my GT-R. Thanks

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have baseline road noise and drone noise dB data recorded for my tire noise comparison. I will do the same once Dynamat is placed. I am interested in getting hushmat on top of the dynamat but awaiting info from Adam. Will report back when this is done.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have baseline road noise and drone noise dB data recorded for my tire noise comparison. I will do the same once Dynamat is placed. I am interested in getting hushmat on top of the dynamat but awaiting info from Adam. Will report back when this is done.
Are you DIY or having someone do it for you?

I'm in OC as well. Would be interested.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Worth having a good read through this site.. <url removed> closed cell foam covered in mass loaded vinyl seems to be a pretty good solution.
Avoid the SecondSkin website as its been infected with drive-by malware on the 2nd level pages (top level pages are fine to dodge the Google malware scan). It will try to install some fake AV software and disable a bunch of detection software.

·
Banned
853 Posts
Have you or are you going to install some ?
I've used Damplifier Pro in the past in a couple cars and I was happy. It has thicker foil and is more dense than Dynamat Extreme. In my current car I will be installng a combination of Damplifier Pro and Alpha Damp. Alpha Damp is new and even thicker foil and it's super strong. I'm going to use the Alpha on selected areas and Pro everywhere else. Luxury Liner Pro I haven't used before but I'm going to use it in selected areas. It's really heavy stuff so I would want to use it sparingly anyways. Based on some simple attenuation tests I did I think I'm going to be pleased but Im going to wait until its in the car before I can really say as that's what counts.

I didn't know their site has malware, but I'm not on Windows either.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Are you covering the wires with the noise insulation? Some parts look like you are under the wires and others look like you are covering them.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I have the second skin stuff in my Lexus SUV, I did the damplifier pro and the luxury liner as well. I ordered 4 sheets of the luxury liner and it was a pain in the ass to install, having to spray adhesive on the car and the liner. And yes it is very heavy. Like polivoks said, I would use sparingly.

Ryan

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.