Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched a few threads and results - all of which told me to consider creating a new thread instead of reviving an old one.

I'm trying to fix an ABS issue that has been intermittent for the last year or so.

Or trying to find someone who can perform any rebuild service (I'd prefer not to disassemble and then mail away). Any vendor, please chime in. When researching other fixes, rarely can I find what the fix was, who fixed it, and for how much, that is at least somewhat local (read: United States).

Any references, ideas and offers welcome.

·
Super Moderator
9,183 Posts
I'm just glad to see that you still have the car :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol! Yeah. For the most part, it has been quite an enjoyable ~14 years of ownership.

My turn for the ABS Pump issue, I suppose.

(I think my car was feeling nostalgic - started throwing EVAPs for a little while)

·
Super Moderator
9,183 Posts
lol! Yeah. For the most part, it has been quite an enjoyable ~14 years of ownership.

My turn for the ABS Pump issue, I suppose.

(I think my car was feeling nostalgic - started throwing EVAPs for a little while)
What codes you getting?

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
What kind of intermittent issue you experiencing that leads you to think is the ABS pump? Just curious and for future reference.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
What kind of intermittent issue you experiencing that leads you to think is the ABS pump? Just curious and for future reference.
Mine has started acting up as well. ABS light will turn on - after driving around for a while it will turn off for 5-10 minutes and then turn back on. sometimes it'll stay off for 30+ minutes but still comes back. haven't spent the time to pull the codes yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine has started acting up as well. ABS light will turn on - after driving around for a while it will turn off for 5-10 minutes and then turn back on. sometimes it'll stay off for 30+ minutes but still comes back. haven't spent the time to pull the codes yet.
Mine was doing the same. I lived with it for a year and was researching multiple solutions. I was like you, trying to find someone local (Los Angeles) and didn’t want to pull the ABS module. For some reason no one will rebuild them here. I ended up pulling it and sending it to a company in the UK for a rebuild. Pull it out, mail it and when you get it back just perform bleeding procure and you are good to go, no reprogramming. All in total cost me close to $400 and about 10 days down time. I wish I just did it sooner I have no regrets. It’s been close to 2 years now and no issues.
Just my experience, hope it helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts