Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was the first round of eliminations on Thursday. We fought some problems with Motec integration pretty much the whole roll race and actually even on this race we had the throttles completely close about 200ft before the finish line, but thankfully were far enough ahead that we still pulled the win.

I will say quick to try to avoid any BS. that I have the upmost respect for the capabilities of these TTGs. UGR does a great job building them and the damn things are FAST! Once my A16 is actually dialed in I'm excited to give one a shot on the streets, but I don't necessarily have expectations to win.

Great cars, thanks so much to all of you guys who came out and raced!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thanks for sharing the vid
Both cars where moving

Sent from my SM-N900V using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My guess Lambo started in wrong gear but gtr won fair and square.
Pretty seriously doubt after being the top qualifier and running for an entire day that he started in the wrong gear.

I also don't understand why anyone would turn down there car during eliminations at a nationally publicized event... But hey it could have been.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Truth be told it's a good friend of mine (Bob Helms).....he ROYALY f'ed up on that run. No excuses, he took his loss like he should and moved on. But let me assure you guys...that car is FAST. He was consistently trapping 196+ on EVERY run (except that one which he messed up on)...

Sent from my iPhone using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Truth be told it's a good friend of mine (Bob Helms).....he ROYALY f'ed up on that run. No excuses, he took his loss like he should and moved on. But let me assure you guys...that car is FAST. He was consistently trapping 196+ on EVERY run (except that one which he messed up on)...

Sent from my iPhone using GT-R Life mobile app
Bob is a legend! Really one of the nice guys and someone we should all look up to. Guy is the Godfather of crazy and balls of steel.

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
Seemed like a super nice guy!

Doesn't look like a major mess up to me... The shift might have been a little sloppy but looks like a pretty clean pull to me.

Remember that none of our cars actually did a full pull do to throttle issues.... My car went 191 with closed throttles for the last 200ft

Either way those UGR cars are fast as hell!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Seemed like a super nice guy!

Doesn't look like a major mess up to me... The shift might have been a little sloppy but looks like a pretty clean pull to me.

Remember that none of our cars actually did a full pull do to throttle issues.... My car went 191 with closed throttles for the last 200ft

Either way those UGR cars are fast as hell!
Cicio

It wasn't a clean pull for Bob on that one. There is no such thing as a sloppy shift in a egear....it either shifts or it doesn't.

Not taking ANYTHING away from your car.

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
Cicio

It wasn't a clean pull for Bob on that one. There is no such thing as a sloppy shift in a egear....it either shifts or it doesn't.

Not taking ANYTHING away from your car.
what wasn't clean about it? Nice Kill TSM . Bob is a legend!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
LOL.

Congrats to Henry, love your car man. Really love the color and the green. It goes together really well. Probably one of the coolest looking GTRs I have ever seen. Also was good to see you out in the streets having fun. Forget about winning and losing, its about having fun. If you didn't have any fun well then you lost.

TSM won the race no question. Rules were first to the finish line, not who had the most problems and etc.

Bob's car is fast.... If anyone races that thing lets say 10x in a row I bet he wins 8x at least. Just be prepared to race until the end of your gears though because Bob doesn't stop lol

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.