Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Vendor
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a great weekend at Road Atlanta with the NASA guys! This weekend was my frist Time Trial experience and I have to say I really enjoyed it! The car performed flawlessly all weekend even in the blazing heat and high humidity. The camaraderie at the track this weekend was just great, we hung out with lots of old friends as well as meeting all kinds of racers!

I ran both TTU and the DE so that I could give rides to spectators and customers throughout the weekend which meant quite a bit of track time for me and the TSM GT-R! The first day I was getting used to the do's and don'ts of Time Trials, and feeling the GT-R out on the Hoosiers vs. street tires. I had never felt the car on the stickier tires so there was a bit of a learning curve for me. Throughout the day I got more and more comfortable with the added grip and slightly different setup which made the day very fun for me. I love to really work at figuring a car out on track, finding the limits (some of them driver, some car
) and knocking lap times down with each session.

Sunday morning was absolutely beautiful weather, I knew if I was going to cut my fastest time of the weekend it was going to be in the morning session before the track fell off. With the speed of the TSM GT-R I really only had one lap to set the time, because by the middle of the second lap I was catching the slower traffic already...so I set out on the double yellow lap trying to put as much heat in the tires as possible without going over 50mph. Then it was race pace up the hill out of 10b to take the green flag for the first flyer. The lap was honestly a huge learning experience. Having not pushed the car that hard yet I was surprised at how much she would take. There were a lot of places where I would have thought I was on the edge, but it wasn't even close! Corner after corner I kept telling myself "you could have gone faster there, driven out harder there, held more speed in that corner" .. It is crazy how well the car is setup! I can't believe how neutral and drivable the car is even at its current weight and power level. I was just waiting for the car to do something bad that I was going to have to react to, but it honestly never did! I have to take my hat off to Doug & Leh for the amazing setup they have done on her...the car is truly amazing to drive!

With all that said, the first lap ended up being enough to set the GT-R track record of 1:27.3 @ Road Atlanta!

So all in all, a great weekend, good people, and a great event! Here is a short video of the 1:27.3 and some pictures from the weekend.

~Cicio

I love this pic in B&W

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
awesome dude, congrats on an amazing time

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
Congrats, Sir! Car was so fast on the back straight!

·
Registered
802 Posts
man, nice driving!

great job!!!

If you don't mind telling, what's the suspension and wheel set up? (JRZ's? Rays G2's widths?)

thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
BEAST!!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
CONGRATS dude!!!!! Very happy for you and Doug. Doug is the magic man.....and you're getting a little better behind the wheel

·
Registered
262 Posts
The wing actually makes so much downforce that we have to dial most of it out in order to create a good balance in the car.
Correction... its not that we dial wing out, Its the fact that it works so well without having to run tons of AOA and drag.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts