Nissan GT-R Forum banner
221 - 226 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Not to thread jack! I just wanted to put my 2 cents in from a reliability stand point. While running One Lap this year I went as hard as I could on the track. I never second guessed the car or the reliability of it. I even had a running joke this year, as I beat all other drivers to the hotel between the events. My Topspeed car is everything I wanted. I don't want to say I beat it, but how else do you describe trying to be in the top 5? You have to be fast every time. You can't make a mistake or have a mechanical. I broke my personal best ( Daytona home track) and still had half a pedal after hitting 176 mph. I was just to scared to slam it down to 180-185. I came in 4th at Daytona only because Tom didn't have racing breaks on. That was a setup error however I beat everyone from last year at Daytona because I went and sought out Topspeed to build me a reliable car that was FAST. Look, I am no pro, however I take it serious when I am out at the track. I have only been doing this 2 years and I can tell you Leh/Catesby/Tom/Hugh can flat out drive! I was doing my best to stay in 6th and my car took what I gave it every time! It's fun when you know you can count on the car and not have to worry about issues. After the event I drove it 1200 miles home and took the kids to school in it! Like I said before on Facebook, all I did was put gas in it and Leh put in windshield washer fluid in it. We always hear horror stories about this broke and this happened at the track or whatever. This time I wanted to say I had a great car that ran perfect and could not of asked for anything more. What a great 2013 One Lap!

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
Not to thread jack! I just wanted to put my 2 cents in from a reliability stand point. While running One Lap this year I went as hard as I could on the track. I never second guessed the car or the reliability of it. I even had a running joke this year, as I beat all other drivers to the hotel between the events. My Topspeed car is everything I wanted. I don't want to say I beat it, but how else do you describe trying to be in the top 5? You have to be fast every time. You can't make a mistake or have a mechanical. I broke my personal best ( Daytona home track) and still had half a pedal after hitting 176 mph. I was just to scared to slam it down to 180-185. I came in 4th at Daytona only because Tom didn't have racing breaks on. That was a setup error however I beat everyone from last year at Daytona because I went and sought out Topspeed to build me a reliable car that was FAST. Look, I am no pro, however I take it serious when I am out at the track. I have only been doing this 2 years and I can tell you Leh/Catesby/Tom/Hugh can flat out drive! I was doing my best to stay in 6th and my car took what I gave it every time! It's fun when you know you can count on the car and not have to worry about issues. After the event I drove it 1200 miles home and took the kids to school in it! Like I said before on Facebook, all I did was put gas in it and Leh put in windshield washer fluid in it. We always hear horror stories about this broke and this happened at the track or whatever. This time I wanted to say I had a great car that ran perfect and could not of asked for anything more. What a great 2013 One Lap!
We are seriously all VERY proud of you here at TSM Bob!! Keep practicing and hopefully next year you can come out swinging even harder!

We are very happy also that your car ran perfectly for you. Boom!! Cherry Vanilla!!!

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
While I appreciate what the bigger shops and more experienced teams have accomplished, I'm even more impressed at what you have done in just two years, Bob. Hope I can join you as a successful OLOA newbie one of these years.

And I think this post is just another ringing endorsement for why the GT-R is so great overall. Should copy your post and put it over in the "Is the GT-R still a supercar killer" thread.

·
Registered
581 Posts

Nice write up and good driving on the event. Sorry I missed you guys. Really wanted to come out and see everyone. I just got too busy at work. Great to hear the real world stories and success with these builds. Hope to get a ride too. hehe

221 - 226 of 226 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.