Nissan GT-R Forum banner
41 - 60 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
We rented the track as we always do. In the future anybody is welcome we just usually don't advertise it.
Cool, I was interested in doing OLOA but the lack of any track time for all potential drivers on all the tracks was a concern, especially with how little track time you'd get in the event itself. Of course the camaraderie and overall experience is a huge part of the event too which is a big reason I wanted to do it as well.. Hopefully next year I'll make it and there will be a few tracks we've already driven.

Your car is gorgeous btw. I'd like to take a look at how you did your front splitter reinforcement. I too was going to do a sandwich for mine but didn't plan on connecting to any solid mounts and probably don't need to for mine.

Good luck in the event. Who do you think are the favorites?

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I answered that in this post dsm_alpha

Was there a question I missed?

Not with this particular hood. The fitment on the Top Racing stuff couldn't be better. There are TONS of knock off carbon parts out there that you for sure would need pins for due to fitment and quality, but when using top quality parts they fit so well that it is not needed.

We rented the track as we always do. In the future anybody is welcome we just usually don't advertise it.

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Cool, I was interested in doing OLOA but the lack of any track time for all potential drivers on all the tracks was a concern, especially with how little track time you'd get in the event itself. Of course the camaraderie and overall experience is a huge part of the event too which is a big reason I wanted to do it as well.. Hopefully next year I'll make it and there will be a few tracks we've already driven.

Your car is gorgeous btw. I'd like to take a look at how you did your front splitter reinforcement. I too was going to do a sandwich for mine but didn't plan on connecting to any solid mounts and probably don't need to for mine.

Good luck in the event. Who do you think are the favorites?
Yes it is a tough event when it comes to driving for sure. The driver has to be on point for every event. It is not an easy race to run or last all the way through.

If you are looking into doing it next year let me know, I would be happy to share some trade secrets or help you with the build.

As for favorites there are some pretty nasty vipers that will be really fast if the weather holds out, there is also a pretty well prepped fully gutted caged Camero that should be in the running. Other than that just the GT-R favorites such as Speed Concepts, KMAN, and Forged Performance.

Should be an awesome year!!! We can't wait for the competition to start.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I answered that in this post dsm_alpha

Was there a question I missed?
Sorry about that, it wasnt showing up on my phone, I am interested in this hood for sure. Good luck with the OLOA!

·
Front Mount 2500 HP
3,696 Posts
GOODLUCK TSM

Go and show them whos boss - as always !

BTW - cant wait for the wing release as I will definitely be purchasing

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Do you think that front lip (Amuse style) is street able? Also if you use that type of lip with a less aggressive rear spoiler, say a factory type but higher style (Mines Type 2, Amuse, etc), would that off balance the car where it's noticeable?

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Well yesterday was the traditional sticker day at Tire Rack in South Bend, Indiana. In other words it's the day to shake hands with the friends you get to see once a year at OLOA and size up the competition. Checking out what everyone brought out to play and swapping build stories.

Leh was able to walk around the parking lot at Tire Rack and get some pictures of the other cars. I'll post them up here for you guys.

Today is the Wet Skid pad and an AutoX, the wet skid went well but we won't know final results for a few hours. I will post them as soon as I have them.

For now check out some of the other cars in the event.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Bad ass Cico that looks like a lot of fun. Count me in for next year lol...

·
Registered
262 Posts
End if the first day and we now stand in 1st overall with a decent lead. From just the times I gathered at the autox event we place 2nd by .004 seconds behind Andy Hollis crx, with the forged/Catesby Gtr a few positions behind. 580mile drive ahead of us now so I am going to try and get some rest while Leh drives.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Good Luck TSM and well done so far!

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]Just wanted to post up and let you guys know I am at Little Talli with the guys and the live cam is up. [/background]

[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]www.topspeedtuned.com/onelap[/background]

[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]We took 1st place in the first session with the Forged Performance car a little over 2 seconds behind.[/background]

41 - 60 of 226 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.