Nissan GT-R Forum banner

TSM Private 1320 Rental

10K views 81 replies 30 participants last post by  Cicio 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Today the TSM crew is in Valdosta, Georgia at the South Georgia Motorsports Park were have rented the 1/4 mile track for a private test and tune event with a select group of friends and customers.

We have a small, yet impressive collection of cars making passes down the strip all day. Stay tuned for live updates, photos and time slips.

This is the first time we have unleashed Doug on a private track rental to really dial a car in so we are looking forward to seeing what we can pull out of a few GT-Rs we have down here with us.

Stay tuned for some live updates.

Enjoy the photos i'll throw up through the day

See less See more
#15 ·
1400?

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
I think it dynoed over 1350 whp not on kill.

#29 ·
updates/?

#31 ·
Update..... Just got home with about 30 plus time slips in my car lol. My best was a 10.1x at 143. Car is stupid consistent. Enable LC and it runs 10.2x to 10.4x at 141 to 143 every time lol. Doesn't matter if it's heat soaked or not. Just 7 to 7.5 lbs of boost.

I'm not sure about the other cars. I think Tods went 8.8 at 169 is the last I saw on low boost. Zo6 went 11.6x at 126.xx stock. R8s were 11.6x at 122. I think unabombers went mid 9s and low 150s. They will have to let you know.

They prepped the track again and it got way too sticky.

Had a blast. Thanks to TSM for inviting me and good seeing everyone.

#38 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am pretty sure mine is faster than anyone's. Best part was I drove it 4 hours to the drag strip (raced half the way there) and drove it home 4 hours after the 12 hour drag strip event.

KAW set the fastest R8 time as well. Previous record was 11.87 by me but she ran a 11.61 I think it was. 11.6x something. Killed my record lol.

I am just shocked at how consistent it is. I can hot lap the thing 4 times in a row and it runs the same shit every time. I even tried filling my IC with ice... Didn't help a bit. It actually like warmer temps which is odd.

My 60 to 130s were any where from 5.3 to 5.6. and my 60 fts were all 1.7x. I saw one 1.6x and one 1.8x.

Wait until you see the pictures. My car is full of time slips and has to be the dirtiest looking lambo in the world right now.

Attachments

#39 ·
My fastest pass of the day was a 9.55@153 on only 25psi with a passenger

Gunna turn it up today for the half like this weekend and see how it goes

Best part about this is my car didn't have a motor in it until late Tuesday night and still went mid 9s on a brake in tune

#41 ·
Ok so yesterday got WAY more crazy than I anticipated and I didn't have anyone to help me update this thread. So my very sincerest apologies for that.

Hindsight being what it is I probably should not have scheduled a private track rental the same week as a HUGE 2 day 1/2 mile event. But live and learn I guess LOL

So we rolled back in about 2:30am and I unloaded. Got 3 hours of sleep and am back at it. Here are the updates in order of fastest to SLOWEST (me)

Todd's car:

We spent most of the day trying to get the car dialed in on low boost but working on the front half. The launch was crazy tricky. We were trying out the Hoosier slick setup but keep in mind this is a COBB powered car with ZERO Boost of The Line! That said Doug had to create custom timing/fuel maps inside the Cobb to try and simulate a "two step" (he can tell you more about that cause it is way over my head)

So with that said we were working on getting it to roll well out of the hole....playing with tire pressures on an unknown setup as well as having no ability to build boost like a Syvecs or Motec would. By the end of the day we had it set pretty good. We were cutting pretty consistent high 1.4 low 1.5 60' times which we were happy with given the circumstances. Mind you these times were still on 30-32PSI of boost so there was A LOT left in the car.

At about 8PM we were confident it was time to turn it up a little, have the crew do a fresh prep on the track and see what she would do. First pass after the sun went down the car bogged a little do to the fresh prep so Doug got out of it....he made a quick adjustment and pulled back up to the line..... the car sat at the line on the two step... launched like a rocket ship and then snapped the rear differential in half before the 60ft.

Being that late there was no time to pull a trackside diff swap so we loaded the car in the trailer.

As for times... the second run off the trailer was that fastest ET which was an 8.82 @ 156 on 30PSI. lifting at the 1000ft mark. I believe the fasted it MPH on 32PSI was 169.8 but Boxter could verify that as he has all the slips.

achenator's car:

We really didn't get much time on his car unfortunately. I ran the car a few passes on pump gas just rolling out to get some Logs for Doug while he was messing with Todd's car. The car went 156 I believe on 25PSI 93octane tune which is pretty solid!

We loaded the race gas map and I cut one pass...the car started going a little lean (12.5ish) a little after the 1000ft so I let out of it. Bringing it back around the car threw a misfire code so we changed the plugs to narrow that down. On the restart the same issue persisted. Next we started unplugging injectors to see if there was a change and sure enough one of them made no difference in the way the car ran. With a bad/week injector I was not willing to risk continuing to run the car.

I felt really bad for achenator that he wasn't even able to drive it, however I would rather a small issue with an easy fix then continue to push the car and possibly create a bigger problem. He was very gracious and had a great attitude about it which I can't thank him enough for. I truly believe we have some of the best customers! I love getting to hang out with them, and it hurts me when I can't meet there every goal and desire.

As For Times: The only pass we did that I actually launched was a 9.2 @ 162. I had to short shift 2nd AND 3rd because it was on a fresh set of drag radials that had never been launched.. the car spun REALLY hard and I lifted around the 1000... needless to say I think there was some more left in that one too. But... that is all just speculation isn't it without the time sheets

UnaBomber's car:

Ok so this car didn't have an engine in it Tuesday morning!! HA! We literally finished the build Tuesday night about 8PM, put the car on the dyno for 2 hours to break it in and loaded it in the trailer. (that is after me and one of my techs stayed here tell 1:30AM getting it all buttoned up)

We played a little trick on UnaBomber and told him we weren't able to finish it and he would just have to drag race his DD WRX LOL!!! You should have seen that guys face when he rolled up to the drag strip and I was bolting the drag radials on his car in front of the trailer! PRICELESS!!!! Made it all worth it.

We left his car on no more than 24-25 PSI running E85 for the whole day. With a fresh engine like that I wasn't about to lean on it. UnaBomber as usual beat the hell out of the car the entire day
Pass after pass the car was consistent as the day is long. I'm not sure how many passes he ran..he could tell you but i'm sure it was well over 20.

I have to say I am really proud of my team on this one. We had a customer to make happy and we did it. This is absolutely the reason I do what I do! Getting to watch him smile ALL day and beat on a car that his shop literally JUST finished without a hiccup makes me so proud of my guys!

As For Times: I'm not 100% sure but I think his fastest pass was a 9.55 @ 153

DuHawks TSM TT Superleggera:

Holy crap did this car perform yesterday!!! I'm sure he will share but he must have run the thing 30-40 times! The car ran perfectly all day...heat soaked, cooled down...didn't matter it just ran and ran. I swear I wish I had one of those timelaps videos of him lapping that thing! If anyone ever questioned the reliability of our bolt on TT I would just play it for them.

I know he enjoyed the hell out of it and that car just sounds sick nasty going down the track!

As For Times: His fastest run was a 10.1 @ 143. He ran 30+ passes and never went slower than 140 or 10.4ish. Pretty sure that just smoked any bolt on Lambo ever built by kinda a lot! Looking forward to the future of that car.

KAW's R8:

I am super proud of this little bitch LOL! She beat me in my R8 and I pretty much hate her. LOL!!! Kidding.

Her TOPSPEED TUNED V10 R8 broke the NA R8 1/4 mile record yesterday. She did a great job driving the car all day and really enjoying it. The car has an exhaust and a tune by us and really proved itself yesterday. We had a little battle going on and I am not so happy to announce that I was beat by a girl :(

As For Times: Her best time was an 11.6@122 besting the previous record by almost 2 tenths if I am not mistaken.

Cicio@TopSpeed's R8:

I don't wanna talk about it

As For Times: 11.7 @ 122

All in all the day could have gone better but it also could have been much worse. Some small things to fix before the 1/2 mile this weekend and we will be back at it. I want to thank ALL of my awesome customers than came out and enjoyed themselves. Thank you so much for being a part of my team and for all of your support! I seriously can not express enough how much it means to me!

To my team you guys rock!

Again... sorry for the very NON live update

Tell the weekend my friends! I have cars to fix

#42 ·
Sounds like phase 1 went well. A few more times and Todd's car will be a nasty car . 169 is flying for that boost.

Did you guys have the brace on the diff? This s the first time I have heard of a broken diff with a brace..

#43 ·
First off thanks to everyone what a great group and too much fun.

Diff was braced it was a aftermarket diff from the first build. After the fact those are more for roadrace applications and the OEM diff will be going back in.

The car is wicked so much left in it and Doug is incredible tuning and driving.

I will load a video when I get back to Miami.

Thanks again to all the TSM staff

Sent from my SCH-I605 using GT-R Life mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.