Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Vendor
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TopSpeed Motorsports shatter the GT-R track record yesterday @ VIR during the NAGTROC/Forged GT-R track day! The previous record was set in a GT-R race car running a 1:58.4. Yesterday Leh Keen running the TSM One Lap of America car on Hoosier R6s cut an amazing 1:53.5!! The car later ran a 1:56.1 in full OLOA trim on PSS street tires!

Check out the video and watch Leh enter the upper esses @ 157MPH + !!

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
Wow! How does that time compare to the bests for other cars?

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
congrats TS & Leh....you gotta have BALLS to run @ those speeds!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Absolutely insane

·
Registered
339 Posts
The 58.4 was on R100 Hoosier slicks.. Which is actually more of a slick then the A6..

The 2nd best time other then that was Forged with a 58.9 on Hoosier A6 which is a very soft grippier R6...

·
Registered
368 Posts
Leh,

That's hauling the mail.
But I think you left some on the table, heres to faster lap times next outing!

Great driving and congrats on your new record. Look forward to meeting you guys soon.

-Blake

·
Registered
339 Posts
This was my 2nd hot lap of the day.. I only got 2 on the Hoosiers.. I normally leave nothing on the table but with only 2 laps to get the job done i can say there is some tenths left.. Much more time is in the setup as it is optimized for the PSS and not the Hoosier. The car had a bit of understeer in places with the Hoosier so there are some areas where i am just driving at the limit of the front tire waiting to throttle. The impressive time to me is the 56.1 on street tires.. Doug and I know what the car has with optimum setup but that will just have to wait so we can lay down the time.

·
Vendor
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow! How does that time compare to the bests for other cars?
Its very very fast! This actually might be a production car record as well...if it isn't then its close. The fastest I have ever head of a street car going at VIR was 1:54.9 and that was a full tilt Z06 race car. Most quick production cars fun 2:05-2:10s

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
Fastest car at last years Ultimate Track Car Challenge turned a 1:54.98 and that was a sub 3000lbs 650whp z06 track car.
Now i know why his username is KINGLEH..

wonder what would happen with a little more power i.e. forged block and dial up the boost ..hint hint.

you could keep the boost the same in 2nd gear and give the car hell in the upper gears!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Now i know why his username is KINGLEH..

wonder what would happen with a little more power i.e. forged block and dial up the boost ..hint hint.

you could keep the boost the same in 2nd gear and give the car hell in the upper gears!
Horsepower honestly makes little difference here... even if we made another 200whp it would only mean maybe 2-4 tenths a lap faster. Mid corner speeds don't care how much horsepower your making.. and more mph down the straights just mean you have to brake that much earlier.

We have tested the horsepower thing...

Put it this way.. 440whp rolex GT cars will run the same lap times.

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
Horsepower honestly makes little difference here... even if we made another 200whp it would only mean maybe 2-4 tenths a lap faster. Mid corner speeds don't care how much horsepower your making.. and more mph down the straights just mean you have to brake that much earlier.

We have tested the horsepower thing...
makes sense , if anybody would know that is you guys !

keep up the great work. Were people freaking out after he ran 1.53 ?

1 - 20 of 137 Posts