Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
Hey guys,

I haven't had much time to post anything this week about Texas but I wanted to share some pictures from the last 4 days of this event for TopSpeed.

So far we are having a blast and wanna thanks Peter for putting this all on! Very fun event! Can't want tell tomorrow to start the drag racing.

More details to come, but you can never have too many pictures!!

·
Super Moderator
9,154 Posts
Cico,

The title is all messed up. Do you want me to fix it or do you want to do it?

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Hey guys,

I haven't had much time to post anything this week about Texas but I wanted to share some pictures from the last 4 days of this event for TopSpeed.

So far we are having a blast and wanna thanks Peter for putting this all on! Very fun event! Can't want tell tomorrow to start the drag racing.

More details to come, but you can never have too many pictures!!

Wow all the pictures are great. Thanks for sharing...I LOVE this wide body white GTR...Dayumm rear fender city

·
Seems Legit
2,476 Posts
Thanks for the pics.

Whats up with the "Montana" plates? o_O

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
nice pictures !!

why we didn't see your cars in Roll Race !! where your alpha 16??
We ran the roll race! Our A16 was the one that took out Helms 2R in the first round.

We had some Motec related bugs and got knocked out a few more rounds in.

The throttles actually defaulted to fully shut about 2/3 through the run. lol

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'm guessing it has to do with what someone posted before about registering your car with a Montana LLC. Avoids registration, vehicle and sales tax, emissions, inspections etc
Exactly. You can set up a LLC in Montana and register your car there under your company. There's no sales tax in MT so a lot of people do this for a tax savings. It's mainly for higher priced items such as planes, RVs, helicopters, etc. Plus you don't have to do yearly state inspections which is appealing when you're running catless dp's/straight exhausts.

Some states such as Texas doesn't charge out-of-state plates tolls either, which is a nice bonus also.
I paid 1400 to set mine up and 125 this year to renew it.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Exactly. You can set up a LLC in Montana and register your car there under your company. There's no sales tax in MT so a lot of people do this for a tax savings. It's mainly for higher priced items such as planes, RVs, helicopters, etc. Plus you don't have to do yearly state inspections which is appealing when you're running catless dp's/straight exhausts.

Some states such as Texas doesn't charge out-of-state plates tolls either, which is a nice bonus also.
I paid 1400 to set mine up and 125 this year to renew it.
Precisely. Also, this may not help folks who have already bought their asset (car, boat, etc.) and paid the tax but it can help on next purchases for sure.

·
Registered
81 Posts
We ran the roll race! Our A16 was the one that took out Helms 2R in the first round.

We had some Motec related bugs and got knocked out a few more rounds in.

The throttles actually defaulted to fully shut about 2/3 through the run. lol
Hey Cicio, it wasn't a bug, just the aftermarket throttles you're using hadn't quite been tuned to the system properly from the last bit of info I saw on the issue. Our fault tolerances are tight on throttles for safety.

Sorry to hear it caused a problem in competition... Hope the weather is better tomorrow and you do better in the drags! Good luck!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.