Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is January, which means it is time for the TopSpeed OneLap teaser thread to start

This will be our 5th year consecutively going to OLOA here at TSM and we are just as excited as ever to be prepping a car to compete. We have since taken the overall championship spot 4 years in a row starting in 2010. Year number one we ran a Porsche 996 GT2 that was built and setup buy us in conjunction with professional driver Leh Keen. Then as some of you know the following three years we competed in two different GT-Rs. Each year we returned to defend our title and each year we were successful.

Well this year we decided it was time to try something outside the box again kinda like we did the first year. We wanted to try our hand at a platform that is somewhat unknown to us when it comes to the road racing side of things that would be a fresh challenge. This new platform is going to present new bumps in the road and a carry a pretty steep learning curve, however I am very confident that my team is up for the task.

I hope to be testing in the next 2 months in order to get this baby setup to defend the title for the 5th year in a row!!

Lots of little details will follow. This should be a pretty awesome project when it is done.

I will roll out more pictures over the coming weeks.

Enjoy

·
Front Mount 2500 HP
3,696 Posts
^ interested in this as well

Wish you guys best of luck and hope you guys come in 1st for the 5th year in a row!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I cant even imagine the learning curve here, 1st year in the platform, any host of problems could present themselves over the course of the week during OLOA. I hope you all get a lot of prep time on the car and get to iron out all the little bugs before the start of the event.

I love OLOA, i am sure there are tons of people like me that live vicariously through you guys and sit patiently for new updates and track times.

Good luck!!!

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cant even imagine the learning curve here, 1st year in the platform, any host of problems could present themselves over the course of the week during OLOA. I hope you all get a lot of prep time on the car and get to iron out all the little bugs before the start of the event.

I love OLOA, i am sure there are tons of people like me that live vicariously through you guys and sit patiently for new updates and track times.

Good luck!!!
I agree. This is going to be a completely different level of skill and quality from my team. We pretty much have one shot to get it right, make it reliable, and oh yeah, make it the fastest car on street tires in the US!!! LOL

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Aren't those the Forged Performance colors?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Cicio, your GTR last year was VERY fast, not sure if the Dyno's were ever released (i'm sure they were, maybe i missed it, or i dont remember), is the R8 going to be running more power? I'll go out on a pretty strong limb and assume that you guys will have a load of properly balanced downforce with Leh at the wheel.

Keep the updates coming!

·
Registered
5,184 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
I love the look of the GMG Racing R8's they post up and it looks like this one is going to be a beast also. Did you guys cut the OEM fenders and then mold the wider fenders on?

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Cicio, your GTR last year was VERY fast, not sure if the Dyno's were ever released (i'm sure they were, maybe i missed it, or i dont remember), is the R8 going to be running more power? I'll go out on a pretty strong limb and assume that you guys will have a load of properly balanced downforce with Leh at the wheel.

Keep the updates coming!
One Lap is not a big power kind of event. Having a mega-hp car with an expensive drivetrain build is not going to win it for you. It's more about all the pieces working together... Power delivery, cornering, braking, endurance, etc. all play a part in running fast laps and just lasting through all the miles necessary for OLOA. Given their track record, I'm sure Cicio and team will create another impressive car for this competition. Very excited to see how this turns out.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
One Lap is not a big power kind of event. Having a mega-hp car with an expensive drivetrain build is not going to win it for you. It's more about all the pieces working together... Power delivery, cornering, braking, endurance, etc. all play a part in running fast laps and just lasting through all the miles necessary for OLOA. Given their track record, I'm sure Cicio and team will create another impressive car for this competition. Very excited to see how this turns out.
That and track experience and driver which are most important of all for the track events

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
That and track experience and driver which are most important of all for the track events
Of course

Though, I have to say, this is one area where OLOA disappoints me a little. I always felt it was more of an everyman kind of competition. To me, recruiting a race car driver to drive your car is kind of cheating. At this point, it is moot because a lot of teams do it. And I guess it is no different than a professional tuner building the car. But I'd love for the event to be more about non-professional enthusiasts building and racing their cars. In that way, it would become almost like a talent search competition. I guess that could be an entirely different event, though. Either way, it is still fun to watch the lead up and week of competition. This is one auto competition I have on my bucket list. One year I'm going to do this just for fun to see how much lack of sleep I can endure.

·
Boost Junky
4,007 Posts
Good luck Cicio, looks great.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Wow awesome project. Keep the pics coming.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts