Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the agency power exhaust and their short ram intakes along with hks midpipe, cobb accessport and agency power downpipes from vivid racing. I put everything on myself and contacted Ben from gtc for an etune, the car was giving terrible Datalogs due to the poor design of the agency power intakes, this was my mistake for not properly researching the intakes before hand and seeing how poor of a product they are, I attempted to return them but vivid racing would do nothing to help my situation, even after I spent approx $8000 with them. Ben was kind enough to help me get a set of gtc intakes and we were able to finish the tune, the car is a monster compared to stock, I'm blown away by it and couldn't be more thankful for the help Ben gave me, I highly recommend using him and gtc for any needs, I know I will be in the future. And I also know I will never be using vivid racing again, obviosuly wasnt impressed by the service and i dont really care forthe agency power valvex exhaust, it takes way longer than expected forthe valves to open after u have driven with them closed, but anyways couldn't be happier with the way the car turned out!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Another thumbs up for Ben and GTC, I ordered from them sight unseen and was very happy with the end product. I went with their Down Pipes, Ti Catless Y-pipe, and Ti 90mm Catback and while it is a little loud it sounds soooo good! If you're on the fence about ordering from Ben, don't be, his responses and shipping were very fast.

Ryan

18,290 Posts
Hey OP,

I just sent you over an PM in regards to this situation. Sorry you werent happy with the intakes ill be more than willing to handle a return for you on the product. If you would please PM me back or call me ill be sure to take care of you, again sorry about this.

Regards,
Jade Campbell
480-966-3040 x236

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ben is a top bloke and I bought my full 650r kit off him for the simple reason that it's just best all round if your tuner knows your parts, I know that the intakes can cause serious problems if their not correct, great that the OP got sorted, it makes such a difference to the car with a GTC tune.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ben is taking care of me also..... Really does great work..... and love my GTC parts... going to place another order very soon.....

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Nice of you to step up, Vivid. Glad to see it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just wanted to give an update on this situation, vivid racing posted on the 20th they would gladly handle a return and were sorry for the inconvenience. They have since just been dragging it out, told me I would have to pay shipping and a 25% restock fee. The filters were no longer in perfect condition because after they initially denied my return I had to extend the piping temporarily and place the filters in the front bumper so I could drive the car while I waited for my gtc intakes, so they got bent a bit. I sent the pics and was told they were evaluating the filters for return and would let me know. It has been over a week since I've heard from them, seems like they have more important things to deal with. Once again unimpressed by their customer service. Seems to me like they only spoke up about handling a return to cover themselves from looking bad on this forum. I will never deal with them again.

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Hopefully others don't buy those intakes Vivid is selling...........even better if Vivid considers not selling them..........

·
Registered
112 Posts
You would think, spending $8000 they would not worry about the shipping and restocking fee. I feel your pain, I hope they step up and do the right thing.
I agree in regards to the with OP having to pay for the shipping but definitely not with the restocking fee for this particular case.

I will add though, a reputation is easy to lose and VERY difficult to get back.

Hope this gets resolved without too much drama.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Same here, called them few time, left a messages with my name and number and no one even bother to call me back. They are very helpful when u pulling out $$ to make purschases . After purchased, no services. That's just my experience or bad luck

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Agreed! Ps that's the first time I've seen that picture in yor signature, is that a r36 concept or rendering?
Think its just a rendering bro........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts