Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. New to the forum. I was a long time Corvette owner that recently bought a 15 GTR. Was wondering for the money is a FBO 93 worth it. I don't want to run E85 b/c its a pain the ass to get your hands on where I live. I have currently on my car a Midpipe, cat back, Harman motive 2.75 cold air intake and a Cobb accessport w/Tcm with a pro tune. Car put down 510 whp on a low reading Mustang dyno on a 90 degree day at 18.5psi. An I going to feel a big difference if I go FBO 93. Thoughts?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Id say go to the track first and run some baseline runs to see what your car does stock. Then fbo 93 would be worth it but id probably go with a custom tune from a good shop. Also make sure the care gets dialed in properly after the tune.

·
Registered
386 Posts
You're almost FBO. Just need fuel upgrades. I'd say complete the transformation. On 93 should get you somewhere around 560 hp depending on dyno. It's worth it. Plus on 93 you aren't pushing the car to much.

Sent from my SM-N900T using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
You are maxing out injectors right now and it will be worse when it gets cold out. Just get injectors and recalibrate your tune and you will be good to go. Pumps are not needed for pump gas.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have a custom tune by a good tuner. Car is strong, but was just wondering if it's really worth the amount of money to go FBO 93. I have to run it at the track and see what it does. I know a few people w/15 Z06' s and really don't want to get my ass handed to me in a roll race. I know from a dig I will walk on 15 Z06.

·
Registered
955 Posts
You are maxing out injectors right now and it will be worse when it gets cold out. Just get injectors and recalibrate your tune and you will be good to go. Pumps are not needed for pump gas.
so if you have a midpipe catback intakes.. you need new injectors?

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
I was in a similar situation. I had a mid pipe drop-in filters, and an off-the-shelf tune. my car would trap 102 in the 8th mile and once I went FBO it started trapping 107 in the 8th mile. Huge difference

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was at over 100% idc when I had a midpipe/catback + Cobb OTS tune (91oct). I have a 2015 also.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Yes a midpipe alone with a tune and your Injector Duty will be very close to 100%. Injectors are needed if you add more parts. If you keep boost at 16psi, you can keep it with just a midpipe and tune.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow the GTR forum is a lot more friendly and helpful then the Corvette forums.Thank you everyone for your input. After talking with my tuner I have decided to say screw it and do injector, fuel pumps, 3"intake and a flex fuel kit. I think this will definitely be enough power for now... I know I said I didn't want to run E85 but I actually found a place 3 miles from where I live that has it. Thanks again everyone

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
^^ that's the spirit. And we are a bunch of enablers here.....

·
Registered
645 Posts
Have to agree with what's been said about injectors...

I have a 4" undercover mid and cat back with ecutek tune... My injectors duty cycle is hitting 98 %...

Boost is maxing 17... This is in summer heat...

Sent from my SM-G900F using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just got my car back. E85 is ridiculous and for anybody that is considering doing it just do it! U will be very happy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts