Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious f anyone sells or knows where to get "off the shelf" tuned maps? When I had my sti certain tuners would sell maps based on common mods. Say I have cobb stage 2 right now, but want to get ID1000's and E85, tuners would sell a map based on these mods with out having to get a pro tune. BEFORE i get crucified for not getting a pro tune, here is my reasoning. I want to put the injectors in myself becuase I can't justify paying my tuner $250 to do something that I can do in an hour in my own garage. With an ID1000/E85 Map I can install the injectors fill up with E85, then drive to my tuner for a pro tune. It might seem redundant, but it worked well with my subaru.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would think that wouldn't you!!?. He will not do that, which is unfortunate since he is one of the most sought after E85 tuners in the state..

·
Super Moderator
3,596 Posts
You would think that wouldn't you!!?. He will not do that, which is unfortunate since he is one of the most sought after E85 tuners in the state..
You might ask around for a simple map; perhaps from the supplier of your ID1000s.

Alexd

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think his issue is me not buying the parts from him. I can gets parts cheaper elsewhere. I think he would like to charge for parts and install... I haven't asked him recently, but in the past he wasn't too keen on the idea, even if I insisted on pre paying for the map and tuning. Storage I know, but I guess it couldn't hurt to ask again.

·
Super Moderator
3,596 Posts
We do this for customers a lot. Not sure why this tuner won't.

Mitch M
Absolutely!

I was in a similar situation; I was thinking of installing them myself, and then get it tuned (driving slowly over, etc.). AMS volunteered to give me a map ahead of time for safety. Turned out later though that I preferred to have them do the installation (of my previously bought parts), and dyno-tune my car the same day. Great people!

Alexd

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
I think his issue is me not buying the parts from him. I can gets parts cheaper elsewhere. I think he would like to charge for parts and install... I haven't asked him recently, but in the past he wasn't too keen on the idea, even if I insisted on pre paying for the map and tuning. Storage I know, but I guess it couldn't hurt to ask again.
We tune cars all the time when parts are purchased from us. Personally, I think it's really childish when shops do this. If I wasn't able to earn someone's parts business, I don't blame the customer. Instead, I try to figure out why we lost the sale and make improvements for next time. But I certainly have no problem still tuning the car! I usually send out a basemap with the rev limit set to 4000rpm or something artificiallyi low. It's called a limp map....I do this all the time.

Find a new tuner. BTW, there are a lot of great E85 tuners....nobody is no such thing as a God of tuning....Ninja...maybe.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well he has burned some bridges in the past with some friends of mine wanting to rent his dyno and have a tuner come in to tune their cars (1000hp supra guys are pretty particular as us gtr owners know
) I know thee are good tuners in the state, but personally he hasn't done anything to not use him other than quirky things like not providing a map.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts