Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. So I just got my first tune done and this was my great experience. I had been emailing back and forth with Mike Kinsman of Tuning Alliance for about 3 weeks. This is the first GTR they have done, however he is a very experienced tuner that has been in New England doing many different vehicles for years. He was very knowledgeable and able to answer all of my questions. We figured we would start with a pretty basic stage one setup for the first tune. I got to the shop and the first pulls we did were with my current setup, SFS mid pipe and Meisterschaft cat back exhaust with no tuning software. The car made 428whp and 393 torque. Next we installed my Injen intakes. There has been a lot of talk about the intakes, both positive and negative so i figured for what I was doing I could answer some questions for others. We ran it with just the intakes and it made about 9 more lbs of torque, however HP stayed about the same. Then we got into the good stuff. First run was with the Cobb stage one tune. made about 440hp and about the same for torque. Mike than began his own tune. Final results from a dyno that runs low numbers was 475whp and 488 torque. The power difference through each gear is incredible. I highly recommend Mike and Tuning Alliance for any work that anyone else plans to do as well. We will be adding DP, injectors and fuel pump in coming months. Cant wait to report on it!

Tyler

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should also note the tuning was physically done at ESP in Sterling, MA. That is where he works out of.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
428 whp on a CBA with no tune is pretty good! Midpipe and cat back don't really add any real HP. Maybe 15-20 is my guess. So from what I been seeing a CBA usually gets about 400whp stock which seems about right.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Putting in DP's and injectors next week. Some good new numbers to come.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Not to hijack your thread but every dyno I've ever been to reads low. Lol

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No worries. Car is is Granite State Dyno for the next couple days. More updates to come.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.