Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are my options for aftermaket 30 trim turbos

So far I have looked at , ETS, litchfields, whifbitz ,AMS, waiting from prices and specs from JUN.

Who else makes after market turbo kits as I looking to upgrade from my Oem hybrid 3071s?

·
Knowledge is recession proof!
4,212 Posts
For the money, you can't beat the HKS GT1000. It's a complete 30R based manifold kit with all the trimmings.

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Ets is a great product!

This isn't to pick hks over ets ,Hks is offered at a price point under what ets offers for the same hp level claimed from them and hks has made 1000whp on our mustang dyno reliably
Simple differences in opinion for who to go with both kits are excellent choices

·
Registered
430 Posts
Is it true these turbos spool a little quicker on the street and sacrificing a little on the top end? Since my car isn't a dedicated drag car, I felt I would want a little better drivability with these and sacrifice a little up top. At this price point I couldn't resist. Tim at Kaizen had a kit in stock at a great price when unfortunately didn't buy from him and bought used. Anyone interested should hit him up as well.

·
7.9 @ 175mph (Gen 3 SBD1400R)
8,564 Posts
We're about to launch our new cast manifold 58mm (GTX3076R spec) wheel dual ball-bearing turbo kits. Our shop car made 1035whp on a Dynojet in 101F heat!

Several being installed around the country at the moment, including a photo of the kit below being installed at DBW Motorsports in Atlanta, GA.

Includes Catless Downpipes and Turbo Inlets, so you can sell your FBO parts to make this upgrade even less expensive ;)

·
Vendor
3,045 Posts
What are my options for aftermaket 30 trim turbos

So far I have looked at , ETS, litchfields, whifbitz ,AMS, waiting from prices and specs from JUN.

Who else makes after market turbo kits as I looking to upgrade from my Oem hybrid 3071s?
It really depends on what your goals are as to whether it is worth it to buy a kit or just an OEM manifold turbo.

As for kits as you said ETS, AMS, HKS are the known proven brands that I would stick with. Everything else is either untested or sub part in quality in my opinion.

Obviously there are a lot of other options if you go with a factory manifold that has been upgraded. We make a Pro1k turbo that I have been testing on my personal car for months now with great results. You also have Boost Logic, SIR and several others that are making factory manifold turbos that will support right at 1k HP.

With the 30R kit you can expect to see about 80-100whp more than with a factory manifold but not much more than that even at full tilt.

So it really just depends on your goals. I know for comparison our Pro1k turbos have gone 157mph in the 1/4 and 183 in the half mile.

I hope this information helps and feel free to PM me if you need any other help deciding. Even if you don't buy anything from us I"m happy to try to lead you down the right path.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Well i know of two locals who blew their HKS 1000 turbos at around 30 psi. Not sure if coincidence or bad luck.

·
4,212 Posts
Well i know of two locals who blew their HKS 1000 turbos at around 30 psi. Not sure if coincidence or bad luck.
On such a high quality turbo kit, I'd say those failures are most likely related to install issues. Improper feed or drain line install will kill any turbo.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I agree with this. Turbo technology is well developed. It isn't anything special on it especially reliability. Every Oem turbos last on average over 100k miles And that technology is all known by turbo makers.

On such a high quality turbo kit, I'd say those failures are most likely related to install issues. Improper feed or drain line install will kill any turbo.

·
4,212 Posts
Can someone post the specifications on the turbos included in the HKS GT1000?

There's really no way for us to compare what this turbo kit can do versus other offerings, if we don't know the specs.

Volumetric flow rate?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts