Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
StingR
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks - I've started to notice the turbos starting to whine more loudly as they get spooled up and as I accelerate. No issues with the car otherwise, and the increased noise has stabilized of late (a few months) but curious if others have also experienced this. I have a 2014 Premium edition and it is bone stock.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,934 Posts
you mean like a louder suction air sound? not usual if bone stock. Check if all the intake clamps are tight.. one could be loose and leaking air.

are you hitting normal boost psi 12-13?

·
Registered
10,126 Posts
How many miles on the car ?

·
StingR
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you mean like a louder suction air sound? not usual if bone stock. Check if all the intake clamps are tight.. one could be loose and leaking air.

are you hitting normal boost psi 12-13?
Yes, believe the suction sound has increased since I bought the car ~4 years ago. I'll check the clamps to ensure that they are tight, thanks. On the PSI I believe I'm hitting normal boost, and will pay closer attention as I'm driving it over the next few days. I have a potential transmission nit that I need to have checked out so will get the folks at Boostin to check out the intakes and turbos too.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,934 Posts
Yes, believe the suction sound has increased since I bought the car ~4 years ago. I'll check the clamps to ensure that they are tight, thanks. On the PSI I believe I'm hitting normal boost, and will pay closer attention as I'm driving it over the next few days. I have a potential transmission nit that I need to have checked out so will get the folks at Boostin to check out the intakes and turbos too.
then it's most probably a minor leak, since boost psi is not affected. Goodluck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.